Empire Today Carpet / failure to provide service or carpet offered

1 Kansas City, MO, United States Review updated:

Empure Carpet came to our home and measured the carpet. We purchased the carpet after the salesman reasurred us repeatedly that they move furniture and boxes and the warranty covers pet stains( we have a puppy). Empire arrived and their crew (two people) said they do not move furniture and carpet and pet stains are not covered. They left the job saying they were going to cancel the job leaving exposed tack strip all over the steps. It was disgraceful and harmful to my family. Our house was a mess and left disheveled while we ordered new carpet from another company and had to wait over two weeks to get the carpet. Empire claims their salepeople don't work for them and are independent contractors. Beware. In my opinion, this company is running a huge scam.

Comments

• Jn
      27th of Dec, 2008

The product is satisfactory, but forget about service after the sale! I left two messages with customer service (where they say you will receive a call back in 24 hours). When I called again, the woman said --- oh you must have talked to your sales person. I said, no, I have two reference numbers from customer service -- do you want to hear them? She got very quiet. BUT, we did not get ANY response until my husband was able to reach the manager of custer service. The problem was that the installation did not properly fit the space and they did not care. Finally, they fixed the problem, but it took weeks.