Empire Carpet / Fraud

This was not the first time I purchased carpet for my offiice so I knew exactly what I needed was high wear carpet with a very thin dense padding so the wheels of my equipment could work. The salesman assured me that that would be possible. That was a lie and he knew it. The company only offers one type of padding. After the installation by totally non-English speaking workers, I found they installed a big, fluffy padding. When I called to have the padding switched they said they could if I purchased an entire roll of padding since they do not carry it and pay for a reinstallation. I have also found that their prices are grossly inflated and one would be a fool to not negotiate with them. I think one would be a fool to deal with them at all.

Ga

Comments

Te
  23rd of Nov, 2008

I purchased flooring from Empire Carpet on a deferred could payall or part during the "free" year, but if I did not pay all in that time I would be charged interest. No problem. When I asked what the payment would be, I was told the full amount was due at the end of the promotional period. I said I would not have that much. I was told that was okay, I could make payments. I thought that all was well and good, until I recieved the first bill after the promotional period. It said that I was in an over limit status. When I called they said that when the accurred interest was added on it put me over limit. I told the person that this was never mentioned to me. I said I was told I could make payments. The person yes that was correct but until I paid the $1, 800.00 in interest I would be charged a $39.00 over limit fee. I checked my contract. No where in my contract did it say that if the interest, at the very least was not paid in the promotional period the account would be in over limit status at the end of the promotional [period. This is fraud and flase advertising in my eyes. I tell everyone I can if you considering doing buisness with a company that uses GEMoney Bank do not do it. GO some where else for the product or service.

Te
  23rd of Nov, 2008

I made a mistake in my complaint. It should have read that I was told that I could to pay all or part during the free year and I was NOT told that if I did not pay the all interest during the promotional period it would put me in an over limit fee and I would be charged a fee of $39.00 until the $1, 800.00 in interest was paid.

Sa
  23rd of Aug, 2009

Empire is being sued right now for a hit and run accident by an illegal worker. DO NOT USE THEM FOR BOTH REASONS. The owner is not cooperating with police on the matter.

Bi
  25th of Jul, 2011

i also called empire and was also told that it was the last day of the sale. after i got a quote from them i told them another company quoted me more the 3000 dollars less, he called his boss. he said then he could do it now for 100 dollars less. why ? the carpet is crap !!! all the seams are showing and now when i vaccum it tears up the carpet plus i have carpet balls that look like cat balls every day and need to vaccume it every day. my brother also called them and has the same complaints. when i called them about the runs in the carper LESS THEN 6 MONTHS LATER ) THEY SAID THE WARRENTY WAS OVER!! and i needed to buy different carpet because my carpet was no longer in stock BE AWARE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!