[Resolved] eDreams / incorrect charges

London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I did many comparisons with different airlines and at each stage of research I wrote the amounts and the total charges incl checked in baggage costs for my comparisons. I found eDreams was the cheapest and decided to book through eDreams and added the checked in baggage for both outbound and inbound flights.

The amount that was given in the end was then broken down into ticket price, service charge, eDreams deduction and checked in baggage costs - as I expecte, and after I was happy with the price, I hit "Purchase" button and straightaway, the total price changed by £26 without telling me why its changed and diverted me to the "authorisation with bank page" and eventually charged my card with the amount I was not expected. To add further annoyance, I received a confirmation of eDreams and the amount is again different to what I saw after I hit Purchase by another circa £30.

I called eDreams straightaway and was passed through from one department to another, finally someone spoke to me and gave me a breakdown of the charges, which includes the service charge from eDreams (which in the price I agreed to, this has been removed under eDreams reduction) Furthermore, the departure checked in luggage has been removed even though I have paid for it! This has not been communicated to me at all! This means mb ticket is actually more expensive than it was and now I have to buy the baggage again!

I was very upset and disappointed and the customer service guy told me i have to make a claim by filling in an online form, which i did. 7 days later, no replies, so I called again, and I asked to be put through the complaints department. I was again being passed to various persons and in the end I was told there is not compliant department.

I cannot do anything at all and this is an unfair practice, Firstly, charging customers a price that was not agreed to! Secondly, hidden charges, even though it says it is removed in the price breakdown. Thirdly, charges are paid towards the additional services, but this is not provided. Fouthly, unfriendly and unhelpful staffs because they were bouncing calls and lied to me a department which does not even exist!

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Dec 17, 2014

Dear Vivianchan1982,

I have just sent you a private message asking you to provide us with your booking reference or email so we can check if there was anything wrong on your booking. I kindly ask you again to let us know this information and we'll contact you shortly after.

Best regards,
    Frank - eDreams Customer Care Team

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Mar 25, 2015

Dear Unhappychapie,

Thank you for your private message.

We are very sorry that your experience through eDreams was not entirely satisfactory on this occasion. We can assure you that we always do our best to make the booking procedure as easy and pleasant as possible for our customers. We recommend you to read the FAQ: about our flights on our web page so that you are well aware of how our company works. We also recommend you to make your booking well in advance. After studying your flight reservation, we inform you that the additional charge of £31.26 corresponds to eDreams handling fees, which are non-refundable and are calculated as per number of passengers and trips. As we could verify, your flight reservation is composed of two separate bookings. We remind you that during the booking process you are able to see all charges and fees that will be applied. You can adjust the price to the method of payment required before starting a search, during the booking process and, of course, on the final step before committing the purchase.
    We kindly remind you that eDreams´s goal is to offer a search of travel products/services available on the market under the best available price, which can be conditioned by the offer of a day therefore, the displayed price during a search will be the lowest by default. We would like to pay your attention to the fact that you are able to find the information on the offer applied displayed below every flight option.

It is a pleasure to have had an opportunity to interact with you on this subject. We hope we could clarify your doubts.

Sincerely,
    Nicole
    eDreams - Customer Care team

Vi
Dec 15, 2014

Comments

• Un
      22nd of Mar, 2015

Hi Vivianchan1982, can you please let me know if eDreams helped or refunded you in any way?
    I'm asking this because after reading your complaint, I realised that I was 'conned' in a similar way.
    I searched the internet for the best prices and eDreams came out tops. After triple checking the flight prices that appeared on their booking page, I proceeded with the booking.
    After paying for the flights, the payment confirmation included an eDreams service charge of £31.26. This charge was NOT stated before payment was made and this I find terribly dishonest. The result was an increase from £138 to £164.73 which was much more expensive than other companies.
    I immediately phoned the eDreams number and I spoke with a person called Sarab Prakash, who was stubbornly adamant that eDreams did nothing wrong and were totally within their rights to add on these hidden charges.
    This is in total violation of British and EU law!
    I was told to submit an email detailing the issue, which I did. The promised 24 hour response never materialised. Since then I've had to make numerous phone calls and submitted the email query again. I'm yet to receive any assistance from eDreams.
    After all of this, when I subsequently spoke to the eDreams people and my credit card company, they are mentioning a total of £168.00 which was taken off my credit card, not even the £164.73 that eDreams own Booking Confirmation stated.
    Now, if this is not blatant robbery and downright dishonesty, then I don't know! This company needs to be stopped!