[Resolved] eDreamsbooking cancelled

We booked flights with eDreams to goto Ibiza for my 40th birthday. All flights were confirmed with the airline and charged to my husbands card. A few days later he checks his credit card statement and the money's refunded. He rang eDreams to ask why and they said they'd sent an email asking why we ticked special assistance required but it had gone to his junk mail so he didn't reply until two days later, they require a reply immediately or they cancel your flights - how on earth is that in anyway fair?! My husband told them they should always contact the customer to tell them the flight is cancelled as he received nothing to notify him of this, had he not checked his credit card we would never have known it was cancelled, showed up to the airport to find all my mates going to my birthday and us having to stay behind! Needless to say we are livid and offered no alternative.

• Resolution statement

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Jan 16, 2015

Dear Ceskrick,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a satisfying experience. Did you really received our email about your request for special assistance? Usually, these kind of reservations remain pending until the airline receives the right information from the customer, who has first to provide the broker (us) this information.

In any case, we regret all the inconveniences you have gone through. I'd like to check carefully how everything was processed to know if there was any improvable step on it. Could you let us know your booking reference and email address so we can retrieve your case? You can send it by replying to this message of to our private?

We'll contact you shortly!

Thanks in advance,
    Frank - eDreams Customer Care Team

• eDreams_en.'s Response, Jul 16, 2015

Dear Bruno Jean,

We are very sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience. Our bank records show you were correctly charged in EUR currency. We wonder if your financial entity could convert the charge in USD currency at time of reception?

We will contact you shortly via e-mail and provide a screen capture of the payment transaction, so that you can contact your bank in order to investigate this issue further.

Warm regards.

Nicole
    eDreams - Customer Care team.

Ce
Jan 14, 2015

Comments

• Rh
      May 10, 2015

I was charge £16.40 from my debit card when I booked a flight with Easyjet at no time when I booked was I made aware there was a Opodo Transaction Charge (Edreams I believe is part of Easyjet). I have asked them for proof and they have never sent it. April 2015

•   May 14, 2015

@r h stewart.

Dear client,

We have just read your comment and we sincerely apologize the inconvenience.
    We would like to investigate your case.

Please reply to my private message to provide me your booking number and email address.

Thanks in advance

Chloé - Opodo customer care team

• Br
      Jul 14, 2015

My name is Bruno Jean. my email address is [protected]@aol.com. I have bought a round trip ticket on edreams website. The total price shown on my reservation is 395.60 euro. When to check on my credit card that i have used to purchase the ticket the charge for the ticket is $442. why e-Dreams is selling in the US in euro value? Is it a way to trick people? I want that different $ 46.40 of the money to be refunded on my credit card.
    Bruno Jean