Economy Bookings / car rental

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

Where do I start... First called to arrange pickup from airport at 10:00am, finally left with car at about 12:45pm - nearly a 3 hour process! The car... A 2014 toyota with over 83, 000 miles, no remote, no cruise control, well worn. Was quoted $148.00, wound up paying $275 because of excessive fees and they charge you a $10 per day fee if you choose to use your own insurance! Freaking robbery! Still waiting for the $100 deposit to be refunded on my credit card. Office was up two flights of stairs in a leased out portion of a clarion hotel - no markings, no choice of car, looked like several families were living there. Very strange and uncomfortable situation. Will never rent from clubs car rental orlando again or economybookings again.

Jo
May 21, 2017

Comments

• Ah
      23rd of Nov, 2017

Just had a unpleasant response from Karina (customer rep # 103) from Economy Bookings @ 202-800-9938 she just hung up on me.

I booked my reservation (B16424186) for $549.18 and Russell confirmed via email that this includes taxes and fees. Here is the link to my reservation: https://www.economybookings.com/voucher/QjE2NDI0MTg2fGFuYWJpZXZAZ21haWwuY29t

However, the rental company charged me $290.62 more than that ($287.44+$352.36+$200) in July of 2017.

I've been trying to get my money back since then and its been unsuccessful.

I really hope, economy bookings helps me with my refund, but I am not sure if they will, at least based on my phone call with Karina today.

It seems that Economy bookings have their own pricing and the rental company has their own pricing which creates a disconnect in dollars you pay out of your pocket.

I am not going to use this website anymore. I used costco.com which was always great but one time I wanted to try this economy bookings and got trapped. Now I am going back to costco.com.

• Ju
      25th of Mar, 2018

I am very disappointed with economy bookings web site and customer service. There was a computer glitch when I booked a car online. When I received the confirmation for the car rental the return date was incorrect so I went back on the web site to re-do the reservation with the right dates and I saw that when I hit continue the end date had quickly switched to a random date. I called customer service right away to let them know. I explained what had happened thinking the customer service agent would want to help and correct the error but regretfully the only option I was given was to cancel and if I did they were going to add a cancelation fee of $20.52 Euros. Since the rental date was not correct I had no choice but to cancel the reservation. I let Marta from Economy Bookings I was not please with their web site and their customer service. I have received my credit card and there is a charge for $20.25 from Economy Bookings. I tried one more time to call Economy Bookings to see if they would reconsider this very unfair charge however Marta did not sympathize or reverse the charges.
    I will no longer be a customer of Economy Bookings and would encourage anyone considering using this company to be very careful or not use this company at all. If the company is so desperate to charge $20.52 Euro for a problem that their web site caused then they can not be a reputable company.

• Al
      1st of Apr, 2018

Has anyone rented a car from orlando? i just did and i need to know if I should cancel as i don't want problems in July when i come...security will need to be called as I won't just accept their garbage excuses.

21st of Aug, 2018

One of the worst experiences I had in my life in Right Cars in Fort Lauderdale Airport booked via economy bookings website. A guy called Franco Carrii who claimed one time to be the owner of the business and another time the store manager and another time as just an employee, this person has demonstrated the worst example of customer service pushing us as tourists coming from Canada to buy liability insurance for 150$ despite the fact that we already have one in Canada. We asked him to give us any access to internet or a landline to contact our insurance and send it (since we had no telephone roaming in US) but he refused and said that the telephone and internet are for employees only ! We spent 3 hours in this dilemma and finally had to call the cops to come to find a way with this weird person who refused to show any understanding or cooperation. My little ones ages 6 & 11 and my mother in law 75 years old were very frustrated after 3 hours of waiting with no solution! The cops arrived and told us that its not the first time they got complaints from the same place from many angry customers about deceiving claims and bad customer service but unfortunately they cant do anything and left. There were 2 other families at the same place with us who also complained to the cops of the horrible service for similar issues trying to make them pay more for extra unneeded services. I managed to activate my roaming and we were able to send him the proof of our liability insurance and waited for another 1.5 hours until he claimed he received the mail that was sent to him 3 times and finally after total of 4.5 hours of waiting he admitted our insurance is valid but he changed his mind and didn't want to rent us the car and tore the papers after I signed them all (he probably felt he was not going to make any profit without selling the extra insurance) !!! I couldn't explain our frustration as we were totally speechless, my little kid started to cry, my elder son was totally stressed and hungry and mother in law felt very sick and still recovering until now with her blood pressure. We were so frustrated and called the cops again as we had fulfilled all the requirements and there was no valid reason for him to refuse the business, the cops advised us to go to the small court and Business Bureau as what they did was totally not acceptable. I need my family rights with an official apology letter from the head of this company, full compensation for the awful situation and stressful condition to my kids and the day we lost from our vacation. This is a horrible experience and will cascade to all the official and legal channels until we get our full rights

• Kh
      12th of Jan, 2019

My experience was really horrible, i was forced to pay 400 euros extra, but no clear reason was provided to me, i was obliged to take the car as i don't want to spoiled my plans.

• Ka
      22nd of Feb, 2019

Worst site there is. You ask for 1600hrs to 1600hrs for 11 days and get 10am pick up and 10am drop-off. And then to change the drop-off you asked to pay extra. And when you cancel the refund will take 21 days and then they will still steal a portion of your money for their troubles. Avoid at all cost!!!