Dunkin Donuts / terrible customer service

1 4269 Albany Post RoadHyde Park, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: (845) 229-4146

I have been a customer at this establishment for the past 8 months, and have been shown total disrespect by the employees. One in particular, who may know be the manager or supervisor has taken upon himself to make rude comments to me while going through the drive through, waited online inside, has not provided me with my complete order, and has not given me back the full amount of change I am do to receive. The "gentleman" I am speaking of, is tall, African American who was working on the night of 8/31/2008 at the Dunkin Donuts in Hyde park, New York. I feel the company needs to take deceive action in this matter, before they lose any more customer to his rude and in competent behavior, as either a manager or supervisor!

Ja

Comments

• Sp
      20th of Jun, 2008

I have gone to DD in Waverly Sq. in Belmont Ma many times but the last 3 0f 4 visits I have left before being served. They understaff the place in the afternoons. This location has the Baskin Robbins in addition to the hot sandwiches etc. The staff is either unaware of the line or doesn't really care. I have not seen a manager or owners around in any of my terrible visits.

• Ho
      7th of Jul, 2008

Here is my complaint letter to them:

Dunkin Donuts has recently left me extremely unsatisfied for several reasons. I am not one to complain; however, my recent encounters have prompted me to do so. I am an avid drinker of Dunkin Donuts coffee, and I visit a store on a daily basis. Several of my visits have been sub-par due to lack of proper customer service and quality of the product. This letter will include several experiences that have aggravated me enough to take the time to tell you about them. Each of these experiences have occurred at different Dunkin Donuts locations across three states (NY, NJ, and PA).

Last week I ordered an Iced Coffee, and when I took a sip, it was absolutely horrible. It was milky-white, with barely a trace of coffee. When I asked for a new coffee, the employees spoke to each other in a different language and proceeded to pour out some of my Iced Coffee and pour in some hot coffee, making my "new" coffee luke warm and even more disgusting.

In the eyes of the customer, this is horrendous and would lead me to believe that a lot of your customers may decide to visit Starbucks instead of Dunkin Donuts due to Starbucks' commitment to their customers. I recently waited at a Starbucks for a few minutes longer than normal and was presented with a "free coffee" card for my next visit because of their mistake. Dunkin Donuts has NOTHING comparable to this treatment & leaves me with a higher brand loyalty to Starbucks, even though I prefer the taste of Dunkin.

Another example: I recently received a Dunkin Donuts direct mail item listing a .99 cent 16 oz Iced Coffee as well as a .99 cent 16 oz Iced tea with several (probably 20) other coupons listed on the inside of the packet. The .99 cent Iced Coffee & Iced Tea appeared, by the looks of the direct mail piece, to be a PROMOTION-- implying that there was no coupon needed to get the announced price. It claimed all 16 oz drinks of that kind were to be at that price until August 5th with no restrictions listed anywhere on the piece. The inner coupons consisted of .99 cent hot coffees, $1.99 coffee coolattas, etc. When I visited Dunkin Donuts, and ordered my 16oz Iced Coffee, I was charged regular price. When I mentioned the promotion to the employees, they had never heard of it. Since I didn't have the coupon with me, I let it go (even though the direct mail piece DID NOT say to bring in the coupon).

However, the next time I visited Dunkin Donuts, I brought along the piece. Still, the employees were clueless, and I was not given the listed .99 cent price. Though furious, I still paid for my coffee and left. The THIRD time I visited I brought it with me again. This time, I had a larger order (2 iced coffees, a coffee coolata and a regular coffee), and I was using one of the inside coupons. The employee honored my inside coupon for the coffee coolata, but ONCE AGAIN spoke in another language to the other employees and decided that she would not honor the .99 cent price because there was no detachable coupon.

On top of not honoring the promotional price, she REFUSED to give me back my direct mail piece including the 15+ coupons that I still hadn't used. Our interaction was taking place in front of a line of customers, and all of the employees were speaking in a different language to each other and not letting me know what was going on. After about 5 minutes, I said, "never mind" and paid for the coffees FULL PRICE AGAIN. This is absolutely unacceptable. ALL of the experiences I have mentioned have taken place at different locations, making this problem even worse. It is clear that this is not an isolated incident, but a far spread problem with your employees and your customer service training. Regardless of whether the coupon was valid or not, employees should never treat a customer in the way they did in all of my mentioned interactions.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon as I am sure that I am not alone in feeling this way. Though I enjoy your coffee, your lack of commitment to customers leads me to believe that you do not see them as being anything more than money in the bank, and therefore I will not visit a Dunkin Donuts again, and will encourage others not to either.

• Sh
      12th of Jul, 2008

They don't understand our language or culture, nor do they wish to. Their children come to work with the women and run all through the store. Cleanliness is not their concern inside or out. When we were there last, only 2 of us there, a child came and asked us to move our car so they could use the parking lot to play ball---we did and never went back. My husband was a 3 or 4 times a day customer--now he goes to McDonalds--and several of his friends he met also changed with him. Coffee is not as good but to be American is worth the sacrifice. Thank you for your consideration.

4th of Oct, 2008

I agree...I have been trying to find a good dunkin donut ...but all of them seem to hire employees that do speak English but do not understand English...get orders wrong and are not flexible when they have to take a piece of cheese off a sandwich expecially if you bring a doctors note!

I was told that we can't be bothered when we are crowded or anytime for that matter! Who make up this rule?...the Dunkin Donut main office!

• 04
      9th of Feb, 2010

I received my first Dunkin Perks "Free Medium size coffee" coupon and decided to use it at a Boston location today. The cashier didn't want to honor the coupon and along with another co-worker tried to convince me that Boston is NOT in Eastern Massachusetts (where the coupon is valid). I don't know if they didn't understand what Eastern meant or they were trying to trick me. They wasted several more minutes with me saying repeatedly that Boston is most definitely in Eastern Massachusetts, until a line started forming and the other customers were backing me up. Only then did I get my Medium coffee.

• Bo
      3rd of Sep, 2013

I live in Southern Virgina, The owner of about 15 stores in the entire state of virginia, is the only person I can speak to: he bought the name and products and has complete say over everything: problem is: he dont know good customer service.
    he ony is about making money and treating customers unfairly. Me and him cant speak cause of his actions about 2 years ago, when one of his managers (name robert) chesapeake va store, treated me wrong. yelled and me twice and said I was looking for free food. I have a full time job *32 years and dont need anything for free: my complaint was: the bagel I order was toasted too long, it was hard to bite into. the manager yelled LOUD in front of customers and When I email the owner Mr. Motta, he didnt do nothing himself. I complain over the next year and I lost neighbors over this: they felt I need to move on and Mr Motta brings money into our community. I also spoke wiht Mr Motta about 8 months ago when he opend another store in my neighborhood, he didnt know it was me, I mention about Young guys coming into the store 5am asking for money, (twice) and a sign should be put on the door about that. he said he knew about this and he didnt think a sign would help but he would. 8 months later No sign., I live in a homeless low budget area, This will happen again. The police know but wont do nothing unless Mr. Motta puts sign up. so from 2011- 9/3/2013 Mr. Motta has money money money but he dont care about Me, or others. Or bad products he is selling, I have many stories about bad food and service but as long as he is owner, nothing will be done and Dunkin Donuts cant do nothing cause he owns the name and products. sad but true. But I will keep telling everyone, and I am sure he will hear about it and just maybe he will notice he will lost customers and money. And I do predict one of his store will close very soon. there is very little business at the new store. and most of the time no cars in drive thru and inside store, unless he borrows from his other 19 stores to keep this store open?