Having problems with Au Bon Pain?

Au Bon Pain reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 24, 2011. The latest review Bad attention was posted on Mar 17, 2021. The latest complaint service was resolved on Jul 13, 2012. Au Bon Pain has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 11 reviews. Au Bon Pain has resolved 3 complaints.

Au Bon Pain Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 825 5227 (Guest Services)
+1 617 423 2100 (General Information)
+1 877 728 4100 (Au Bon Pain Card)
+1 617 261 6320 (Catering)
+1 617 423 7879 (Real Estate)
1 Au Bon Pain Way
Boston, Massachusetts

Au Bon Pain Complaints & Reviews

Au Bon PainBad attention

Every day from Monday to Friday, from 6 in the morning to 8, which is the time when we all want to have a coffee, only the supervisor is with the delivery man in the store, the man takes the orders and the supervisor makes the coffees, and there are very long lines, and it has happened to us several times that we have arrived and the lady is in the bathroom, the man takes the orders, and tells us that we have to wait that the supervisor come out the bathroom because he doesn't know how to make coffee, then we have to wait for her to come out of the bathroom and of course they have a long line, and it is not fair to us because it is our wasted time there, please solve this because it had never happened before and now it is happening every day from Monday to Friday.
Thank you for the attention.

May 02, 2020

Au Bon Pain Corporation — Poor customer service and unable to accommodate a customer

I work at Long Island jewish hospital in NHP (NIGHT SHIFT) and I visit au bon pan so often that I know all of...

Au Bon Pain Corporationdenied service

At an Au bon pan in New York Presbyterian Hospital, I asked for a thai wrap to be made. The young gentleman at the counter told me the kitchen was closed. I would've believed him and thought nothing of it, but after paying for a salad I didnt care for eating, and picking up the utensils and napkins, I overheard this same kid talking to another coworker who were literally a few feet away from me saying, "I could do what I want, I don't have to do anything. If this dude comes in late, I'm not waiting for him, I'm just going to leave, I don't care." Overhearring this got me angry. I could be wrong, but hearring that made me think that he did not want to make me the thai wrap I had my heart set on eating. I had a long busy shift working in the ER, and was looking forward to this meal. I even left late to go on break because I didn't want patients to be waiting for their x-rays. (I work in the radiology department). I've actually never had this happen to me and I've been coming to this Au bon pan for years ever since it opened at the hospital. This Au bon pan is open 24 hours so I don't get why he said this kitchen is closed. This experience has left me not wanting to go back.
    Thank you for your time.

Au Bon Pain — kendall square location, in cambridge ma 02139

I have been going to Au Bon Pain in (Kendall Square) Cambridge, MA 02139 for almost a month now. I usually...

Au Bon Pain — catering - constantly unable to deliver on time

This complaint is for the au bon pain located at 80 pine street, ny ny 10005. On 4/20/18 two order's were...

Au Bon Paincherry danish

I have called the 800 number once a day for 5 days. The manager who rang my order up in the Au Bon Pain in Union Station in Washington DC admitted, when I showed him, that the cherry danish had a problem with it. A customer several behind me in line told me to get going, I was taking too long. I said that since he, the customer behind me, was not paying for the product, that I had a right to politely point the matter out to the manager, who said that he was aware of it and had "told them" whoever the "them" refers to. The customer behind me continued to insult me, he was in a suit, he had a salad to purchase but seemed in no hurry. I told the manager that I did not want the product, I placed it next to the manager in its plastic bag, and eventually with the other customer obviously being favored by the manager, I took the product and gently placed it in the trash to prevent re-selling. Why not just remove an item or items of the same genre if there is a problem? Instead, sell the product to a senior citizen. SHAME. I offered to call the local news media to get cameras to the store, which I have patronized for many years, as do many Amtrak and Greyhound and MARC commuters. SHAME.

Au Bon Painunethical behavior

Employee Desma or Jazma, not sure of her name she works at au bon pain on 125 south wacker is rude to her co worker and was rude to me when I asked her a question, she was not clear so I asked her co worker and she yelled saying he was giving me the wrong information, she then stated out loudly he does not listen and needs to learn to listen. After I paid for my purchase no thank you, she just walked away from the register.

Au Bon Paincookie campaign

I have been a customer of the AuBonPain located at 1850 M Street NW, Washington DC 20036 for many years. I probably spend between $30 and $40 a week at that location. Recently, I picked up a card stating Free Chocolate Chip Cookie. However, when I picked up my cookie along with the coffee I was paying for, I was told at the register that because I did not complete a review on your site, my cookie was not free. I do not know what your definition of the word "free" is, but if you have to spend 10 or 20 minutes completing a form and you are paid by the hour, that is not free. I feel strongly about this false advertising, strongly enough that I can go to other places for lunch, coffee and snacks.

I await your response. If you do not care about losing a long-time customer, then, I won't care about no longer patronizing a long-time vendor. Lee Peltzman

Au Bon Pain — service

Location of this store is: 300 Community Drive Manhasset, NY 11030, [protected] This store is new, located...

au bon pain - Pentagon CityWrong Charges on Receipt multiple times

This location in the Pentagon City Mall in Virginia has a history of over charging over multiple ocassions. Manager has been notified and it is still happening.
            Last incident checked off Avocado and the person making the salad did not add but was charged. The charges are minor but that seems to be a bad practice and the company could be benefiting from across the multiple stores with these practices.

Au Bon Pain — racist cashier

On my way out of the store the cashier made a racist remark. I hadn't said one word throughout the whole...