Dollar Tree / poor services and products

My complaint is about the poor service that I have recieved at two individual Dollar Tree Stores. I do not remeber the exact dates because there have been several incidents in which I have experienced bad service. There have been several incidents in which I have asked for help in looking for an item and the employees simply acted as if they didn't want to help me find it or were standoff-ish towards me. I have also experienced this while waiting in line. I once met the manager of one of the Dollar Tree stores; while waiting in line, I wanted to ask her a few questions about recieving an application and about finding some items within the store. However, she acted very cold and standoff-ish toward me and was not really willing to answer any of my questions. It was as if I had to persistently force her to answer my questions! Her attitude towards me was very cold. She just told me to "Come back tommorow!" I simply had to interpret that as if she didn't have any applications or any of the products that I was looking for. The products, which by the way somtimes don't work or malfunction. There are two products which I have brought that don't work. The first is a CD which was supposed to have some music on it but was a blank CD. The second was a lighter (the large kind) which was supposed to work but also doesn't. I know that I should have returned these products to see if I can at least get a reciept and I also should have posted these complaints earlier but I believe that now is a better time than never and I am seriously considering taking my business elswhere.

Ri

Comments

• La
      8th of Sep, 2009

well i dont think you can really complain about a product not working very well when you only paid a dollar for it! and If you bought that hanna montana cd, they Are blank cds. and you really shouldn't be asking for an application while your shopping. Many times employees are rude to customers because the customer was rude to them first. Its hard to be nice to someone that is treating you like you a piece of ###.

• Yo
      28th of Feb, 2010

I agree with lameasses555... Dollar tree employees make minimum wage barely. And you are only paying a buck for what you get... if you want to complain go to a chain that sells high dollar merchandise. Bet you haven't said a word about anything you got at the Dollar tree that was name brand? And if you want a Job at the Tree... why in the world would you ask an employee? They get tired of saying go online to apply... but if you really want to work there, come to my store.. Ill give you a paper app... and set it on the stack of 100000 apps already submitted... you would have a great chance to get hired!

• Ef
      5th of Feb, 2011

Regardless if a customer is "rude" (and this comes in different forms as one perceives it), the associate (cashier) should not react in a hostile matter (which I doubt he/she did in this case). But I do understand that after awhile enough is enough (I get treated like crap too by customers but never react hostile -- very difficult). As for those items that did not work, you could have easily exchanged them; it's not a big deal. I'm sure their store manager would have been happy to do so. And YOUSHOULD is correct, no one every complains about paying a dollar for name brand items but never says anything positive either. And as far as the job app goes, please do. If you're as good a worker as you think you might be, then you'll do fine even when you go through and see what really goes on behind the scenes. Good luck and I wish you the best.