Dollar General, West Osage, Pacific MO / accidentally left a shopping bag with the receipt in it

1 Pacific, MO, United States Review updated:

I accidently left a bag of the products I bought ($9 bottle of gain beads, 2 bottles of japanese cherry blossom body spray) and she had put the receipt in that bag. I was in the store about noon. I drove from the pacific store to berger mo, about 53 minutes away. I called the store today when I realized what i'd done (about 6 pm). The person on the phone did not identify herself and said she would call her manager and call me right back. It is now 7:41 and I finally had to call her back. She was arrogant and hinged on being rude. She said there was nothing she could do as I did not have the receipt and there was no bag there. I told her the receipt was in the bag... Again. She repeated that there was nothing she could do and said if I wanted to argue the point I would have to drive back down there and argue with the manager but the result would still b the same. Now u tell me... What went totally wrong with this conversation? At this point, I want my money back and I will spend my money somewhere that cares about their customers. I have spent about $100 a week consistently for years st dollar general. I'm saddened to see how far the stores have sunk. If I don't get my money back with taxes, I intend to call the bbb and file a formal complaint. Please respond promptly.

An
Jun 20, 2018

Comments

21st of Jun, 2018

Try making sure you have all your bags when you leave the first time. Not the store's fault.

21st of Jun, 2018

this is your fault. not there’s. no one to blame but yourself.