Dish Network / repeat billing errors!

P.O. Box 9033Littleton, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 333-3474

I've been a Dish Network customer since August of 2007, and my bills have been wrong every single month. I signed an 18-month contract with Dish Network, which included an advertised promotional rate of $10 off for 10 months. But the $10 credit is never on the bills. So each month I call Dish and write letters disputing the charges. On the phone, their customer service reps agree with me that I should have received the rebate. They promise that the problem will be corrected on my next statement, but it never happens. To date, I've never received the promised $10 off per month.

I believe that Dish Network purposely advertised a great promotion to get people like me to sign up, but never had any intention of honoring the advertised rate. I believe they knew the average person would give up after a few complaint phone calls. Think about it, who is going to sue them over $100? If I were you, I would think twice about doing business with Dish Network. You can't believe anything they say, even if it is in a written contract.

Comments

Di
  3rd of Mar, 2010
Agreed. If they can rip you off with increased charges of $100 or so, they think you will not go to small claims court, or organize a class action lawsuit.
I am working on both right now.
Reading several hundred of these complaints makes me feel like we might have a chance in the courts against the lack of integrity of Dish Network.
Let's see if the spirit of the law survives over the letter of the law.

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com