Dish Network / pay per view rip off!
Our service seemed fine for the 1st year until recently. I just wanted to warn others about how disappointed and disgusted I am with Dish network and that they have flaws in their system. I contacted Dish network last month about a bill that I received that was over $200. I was upset to learn that we were being charged for X-rated movies that no one in our family knew anything about. My husband and I work 12-16 hour days with little time to watch TV and all our kids are in sports and arrive home pretty much the same time in evening. I called dish network to investigate which receiver or remote ordered these movies so I could get to the bottom of this. They claimed that they have no way of providing or keeping track of this information so there was no way for me to find out if my kids were accidentally ordering these movies with their remotes or receivers. How disturbing that they make pay per view accessible to the kids. There should be a system in which they need proof of age in order to allow the x-rated movies to be accessible. Our 4 kids are between 8-15. Furthermore, I was notified that if you remove the phone cord that is hooked up to the receiver and plug it back it, it could potentially re-charge the same movie over and over again. As a Real Estate agent, I use the phone cord to charge my super key not realizing I was procuring extra charges. So we had the same pornographic movies charged on our bills over and over again. Customer service was horrible and less then empathetic. They said the charges were valid including the duplicates. The movie charges were ridiculous over $12 per movie in some cases. If anyone knows about blockbuster online, who would be stupid enough to order pay per view movies over $12 each? I canceled our service immediately! Stay with Coaxial cable!
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - satellite
- Dish Network / Dish.com - hooked up hopper and tv & hopper do not function correctly 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - nbc blackout 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - obtaining a copy of my contract
- Dish Network / Dish.com - tried to move service when I sold my home and moved