Dish Network / charging after cancellation and no refund!
I canceled Dish Network 0n March 14, 07, at the end of my contract, I was then billed on autopay the next month (April). I called to let them Know what happened and that they withdrew the money from a closed bank account. Now, there is also a 35.00 overdraft fee. They apologized and said they would reverse the fee. Forward to May 5. 07. Still no credit on my account, so I called them back... First they couldn't find my account, next (after they found it) they showed no charges after March 1. After I gave them my bank reference number they again apologized and said they found it, and that the reversal was still pending (the rep. didn't know why) but he was going to click a button to push it through for the amount of the withdrawal. I then asked about the bank overdraft fee that was charged and if that was also reversed, since it was their error. (They charged a closed bank account) The rep. told me no, even though Dish Network messed up and owned up to the mistake, it is their policy not to refund fees that might be incurred due to their errors (is that legal?). What a company, huh? Must be great being able not to pay for your mistakes. I wonder if I'm also going to have to call back next month to remind them to click submit for my refund...
Probably... I f you are considering a satellite t.v. service, consider elsewhere!
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - satellite reception 
- Dish.com - service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - on demand service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - 702 934-3800 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer service and supervisors at dish network