Dish Network / charging after cancellation and no refund!

I canceled Dish Network 0n March 14, 07, at the end of my contract, I was then billed on autopay the next month (April). I called to let them Know what happened and that they withdrew the money from a closed bank account. Now, there is also a 35.00 overdraft fee. They apologized and said they would reverse the fee. Forward to May 5. 07. Still no credit on my account, so I called them back... First they couldn't find my account, next (after they found it) they showed no charges after March 1. After I gave them my bank reference number they again apologized and said they found it, and that the reversal was still pending (the rep. didn't know why) but he was going to click a button to push it through for the amount of the withdrawal. I then asked about the bank overdraft fee that was charged and if that was also reversed, since it was their error. (They charged a closed bank account) The rep. told me no, even though Dish Network messed up and owned up to the mistake, it is their policy not to refund fees that might be incurred due to their errors (is that legal?). What a company, huh? Must be great being able not to pay for your mistakes. I wonder if I'm also going to have to call back next month to remind them to click submit for my refund...

Probably... I f you are considering a satellite t.v. service, consider elsewhere!

Comments

• De
      21st of May, 2007

I called dish network customer care 27th April 2007 and fix up an appointment for installing the dish at my home. At that time they spoke to me in very friendly way. They even took us $50 as an installation charges in advance. Later on we decided to cancel the the account and I called the customer desk and ask them to cancel my account. He did cancel the account and told that it will take 3-4 days to refund the amount back to my bank and if I don't get the money in 7 days then call them back. But the money did not get transfered to my account even after 7 days, so I called them back and spoke to one of there customer executive about the status, she replied she don't have any information but she will again process to cancel my account and told that it will take yet another 7 days. I asked her why she don't have any information that what had happened to my money, she said she just don't. I asked her to give me any contact information for the concern department who have that information she said she even don't have that and she bang the PHONE DOWN. It was just a RUDE and TERRIBLE BEHAVIOR from the CUSTOMER CARE EX of DISH NETWORK that I could never think off.

MY ADVICE DON'T GO WITH DISH NETWORK, they are WORST. DISH NETWORK IS WORST.