Dish Network / Beware of bad business practice, terrible customer service
Beware of dish network's bad business practice and terrible customer service. !!!
I have been a dish customer for past 6 years until yesterday. I upgraded my receiver to a dual tuner DVR. after the upgrade I noticed one of the international movie channel in my package, I was watching was missing. I called up Dish Network and asked them.
They said they recently made changes to their international packages and made one of the channel I was watching a separate payable item. Now that channel by itself costs $20. I tried to reason with them that any new changes should only affect new customer or if customer makes changes to the programming packages. I just upgraded my receiver. And they can't take a channel that was in my package and been watching for several years and ask me to pay for it now just because I upgraded my receiver.
When I ordered for DVR upgrade Dish Network did not tell me that this will result in losing a movie channel, such a bad business tactics. Didn't inform customer this would happen and removed a channel. This unethical and unacceptable. I talked to 3 supervisors and executive office at Dish Network, they were neither willing to add the that movie channel back into package nor willing rollback entire DVR upgrade and give back my old programming plan. They said, all they could do is give me that movie channel free for 6 months after that I have to pay $20 every month for that single channel. That is ridiculous!, why would anyone want to pay $20 for channel that was in one's package for several years. So I canceled my entire Dish Network service. They were not making any efforts to keep loyal customer and were not willing to compensate for the mistake they did.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - movies 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - hopper 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - unethical billing residential consumer 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - satellite reception 
- Dish.com - service