Discover Card / terrible experience!
What Ever You, Do not Get a Credit Card from Discover Card. I always pay more than the minimum allowance before payment is due and I have a good credit score, and they raised my APR to 22.99%!!! People that consistently miss payments and go over the limit have this APR. I probably could get the same APR at a car title loan place. I called in today and asked if they can lower my rate because I pay my bill on time every month and I am only using $2, 200 of the $11, 200 available to me. The soft spoken representative named Pam tells me that they currently don't have any lower purchase rates available at this time. 'Well why did my Apr go up?', I asked.
'In November 2007 Discover Card had a evaluation and decided to raise everyone's rates.', was her reply. And to rub salt in the wound she finishes by saying that if I have any other balances I want to transfer over today, I can get a 5% APR on them.
Well I rather stick my hand in the garbage disposal and turn on the switch before I give Discover any more of my business. So if you are reading this post to decide if you should get a credit card from them.
DON'T DO IT... JUST SAY NO. And you won't have to worry about them bending you over to.
More Discover Card Complaints & Reviews
- Discover Card - dispute of charges 
- Discover Card - scam and cheating 
- Discover Card - lower payment plan scam 
- Discover Card - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection 
- Discover Card - usurious increase in apr by discover card 
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - late fee
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - personal loan
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - purchased an engine claim number 056741566b last four of the card 7094
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - credit card benefits
- Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - loans