Discover Card / lower payment plan scam

1 Long Island, NY, United States Review updated:

Here’s the problem:
1) Why should any consumer be required to give Discover access to his or her checking account to be eligible for a reduced payment? What if I did not have a bank account or closed my bank account and was paying via money order? Do you mean to tell me if that is the case the person is not eligible for a reduced payment program?????? If the objective is to help the consumer pay down his or her debt, then Discover should facilitate that however possible. If they set up a payment plan with me, and I do not stick to it, then increase the interest again…it’s that simple!
2) Why can’t the balance from one card be transferred to the other so there is only one card and one payment? When I got one of the cards, I transferred a balance from a Visa card, but you are telling me they can’t transfer the balance from one Discover Card to another? I am suspecting they refuse to do it because it would mean a reduction in finance charges and interest rates since now they are able to charge me for two Discover accounts instead of one.
3) Why is Discover calling me if there has been no change in the policy about who is eligible for the reduced payment program? They keep calling me and claiming I am eligible for a new program, but when I speak to them, it's the same old program. I have refused to give them my checking account number. No one is going to convince me otherwise!

Ms

Comments

• Be
      18th of Feb, 2015
    Discover Card - Over withdraw from account
    Discover card
    Phone: 1800-347-3085

I submitted a payment with discover card for a bill I had. I was paying the bill in full and when Discover submitted payment to my bank they mistakenly withdrew an additional 3000.00 dollars from my account. When I contacted them about this I was told that they saw their error and would have it placed back into my account within 24 hours. after waiting a day I called again since they had drained my account and overdraw my bank account. I now have a overdraft fee and still have not received the money they took in error. I called again and I was told it could take up to 15 days for them to return the money.