Having problems with PayPower?

6220 Stoneridge Mall Road
Pleasanton, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with PayPower.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 28, 2018

PayPower — can't get inn

Um ya I am discusted with the way u treat ur customers I put 390 dollars of my money off my bank card onto...

Edmonton
Sep 08, 2018

PayPower — activation

bought prepaid card today to make on line purchase only 25.00 activating card how jumped to many different...

Chilliwack

PayPowerService fee

Customer ID: [protected] 13 January 2018

I received a Paypower card as gift card last year. I activated the card for a purchase but did not use the card again for about 12 months. Then I found out my card balance had been drained by service fees. Apparently the Paypower cannot charge service fees on gift cards but can charge fees once the card is upgraded. I was required to activate the card to start using it. I believed I was just activating the card. According to Paypower, I upgraded the card. There was no clear notice that I was upgrading the card and that fees would be charged.

The site should be required to provide simple and clear information that fees will be charged if an option is selected. The notice of fees should not just be buried in a multi page legal document.

PayPowerproducts services

I am having the worst problem I get these stuipid cards and have to activate them online and then I have to sign in and add the card but every time I login I have to reset my password then itsays wrong combination of username and password yet I just reset it I cannot get into my account to activiate my card so I call customer service and they want the information about cards I donthave anymore or cant remember like im supposed to keep every card receipt and remember how much I putoneach card I use these cards for differemt things online and use them about every 2 or 3weeks which makes for alot of cards and im waiting for my reloadable one to come in the mail for 2 weeks now this is rediculous and frustrating and noone can help me. And theres no email to contact them I cant handle this crap and im not buying these stuipid useless cards ever again ever

PayPowerI do not recommend PayPower

I was a long time user of PayPower and can't say anything good about them. Last time I ordered a prepaid Reload pack and when received it I was unhappy to discover that pin code was damaged. As soon as I noticed that I immediately contacted PayPower and demanded a replacement. Their rep was super nasty and instead of helping me he said that everything was my fault. I argued with them a lot until I finally was contacted by PayPower manager. That seemed like a good sign but as usual I received only empty promises and nothing was done, they never contacted me back or helped me.
      Very poor service, I do not recommend using PayPower.

PayPowerMeijer paypower card

I've had this Meijer Paypower Pre-Paid Debit Card for several years primarily used to receive my daughters Child Support via Direct Deposit onto the card. I made a purchase on 2/3/17 at Gardner White Furniture for $1, 199.98. When I proceeded to use my card again It was blocked. I called in immediately and was told to call back the next day because the department wasn't available to help me. So I called the very next day and another rep told me that the person who can take the block off was on break and to call back in an hour so I waited an hour and called and spoke to another rep that said my card would be ready to use in 5 minutes or less. I proceeded to use it and the charge declined so I called back and was told I was misinformed and it would take 1-3 business day. I waited and called on Monday and I was told 3-5 business days. I have called constantly but no one will resolve this matter. Those funds that were direct deposited on the card is from the State of Michigan for Child Support for my daughter. I emailed BlackHawk that If this matter is not resolved expeditiously I will be contacting the News Media and the State of Michigan and Report that the Company has Fraudulently taken my daughter's Child Support Funding.

PayPowerAbsolutely terrible service!

I' absolutely disgusted with PayPower and I would not recommend it to anyone. I had a huge issue with my card and when I contacted PayPower to get some assistance and support they did absolutely nothing to help. I was not able to take out my money and it was an emergency and they simply did not care. I contacted them numerous time and asked what was wrong with my card and how I could fix it but they did not reply! They are the worst ever!

PayPowerBlocked card

I have been using this card for 2 years. All of a sudden my cards disappear after I tried to access it online. I called them, they told me 1 card was overdrafted 504.62, impossible!!! I only transfer money on that card for the kids games and music. Then they blocked my other card. I didn't have a dime in my pocket!! I called them and all they can say is they are working on it, someone will call you in 2 to 3 days!!! I went back online and the website said under maintenance!! Then later only 1 card appeared with a 0 balance. My main card with my money on it is still blocked!!! I will never use them again!!! You can't just play with people money!!

• Bl
                Blackhawk Network, Inc. Jul 26, 2016

The security of our customer's accounts and their funds is very important to us. We work diligently to do our best to prevent fraud. Generally, when an account is blocked it is due to suspected fraud. No fraud detection system is perfect, and occasionally, systems block cards where no fraud is involved. Most of the time documentation is required in order for us to verify the customer and any suspicious transactions. We are unable to provide specific details in response to this complaint as we are unable to locate the account with the minimal information provided. We apologize for any inconvenience that this customer may have experienced, but it resulted from our attempts to protect the customer and his/her accounts.

• 1m
                1Moorer Jul 26, 2016

This is still not right. It has been 2 days, I have kids who need food, my car needs gas and I can't do nothing about it. Never again will I be put in this situation with my own money!!! All I got is a reference number: inc0663151 and no results. I can't afford not to be able to go to work or feed my kids. Its hard right now!

• Bl
                Blackhawk Network, Inc. Jul 29, 2016

This ticket, INC0663151, was opened on July 25, 2016. The customer was informed that the matter would be escalated and that someone would be in contact with her in 1-3 business days. The customer was contacted on July 27, 2016 and the card was unblocked at this time. We again apologize for any delay or inconvenience that may have been experienced as a result of this block.

Paypower Prepaid Card / Metabank — Prepaid visa card

I feel your pain! My husband is in Hospice with stage 4 lung cancer and they are holding roughly $450 on...

Pay PowerRegistering a card

I have been using the paypower credit card for about 2 years now and had no problems in the beginning.
              Now of late I cannot find the reload packs at most locations in Victoria that previously had them.
              Last week we had to buy a card as no reload packs were available.
              I am out of the country, my husband is in Victoria so I need the money transferred onto my existing card.
              I registered the new card but verification was not passed ( unbelievable as I have registered numerous cards before).
              Called customer service who said he could do the transfer but it would take 1-2 business days. Today is the 2nd day, I dont have the money and I have waited on the phone for an hour for a customer service rep but to no avail.
              I am extremely dissatisfied as I find the service has completely deteriorated, even the reps seem to be less helpful. I have spent $50 and to date I cannot use my money.

Pay Power VisaRejected Interac Payment

CREDIT CARD NO> [protected] - I made an Interac payment from your website last night at appx. 8:00 last nigh for $200. It was rejected because unknown to me I was over the limit of $250 per week which is not clearly indicated on your website. The money is now apparently in "cyberspace" as it has not been returned to my bank account. I asked finally after getting many conflicting stories from you customer service people "who need to go back to school" that I will get a call within 3 business days!!!
                This is unacceptable!!!. This is a transaction from the Royal Bank of Canada through Interac to you and the money should have been returned within an hour at the latest!!! The problem is your end. One customer service person even told me to call Interac myself. Seriously??????? i expect that money in my account IMMEDIATELY. my e-mail address is [protected]@hotmail.com.
                I can be reach until 4:30 at [protected] or after at the pone number as above.

PayPowerTOOK MONEY DISHONEST

Today 4/9/15 Paypower has closed my account they were dishonest. They closed the account and said I was in the wrong do not talk to yennie #00106 employee id she is a dishonest supervisor, a manager should reprimand her for this action. I am furious and I would like everyone to know they stole my money while my card was fraudulently used and will not reopen account, or the fraud case this company should be investigated by the FCC. This is criminal. DO NOT USE PAY POWER I HOPE THEY LEARN OR ARE FINED.

• Gu
                      gust Apr 17, 2015

My acct was hacked into and paypower didnt so absolutely nothing about it in the end they stole my money. Customer service is no good i had to wait an hour just to talk to someone so they can tell me nothing.

PayPower Pre-paid Visa CardBills your account monthly fee when balance is zero

The product is a pre-paid Visa card. You have to buy the card, then to put additional funds on it there is also a charge. Another charge they have is a monthly fee of $5.95. When your card's balance becomes zero PayPower will continue to charge monthly fees, making a negative balance. The only way to avoid this is to login to their web site with the account you were required to setup to activate the card, there you can cancel the card. My complaint is it should not be possible to have a negative balance on a pre-paid Visa card. This company counts on the monthly fee charges to add up, even when a person is obviously done with the card when they've spent the money they put on it. It would be very easy for PayPower to, upon seeing a card's balance is 0, to de-activate the card and not allow it to be used until the owner pays to put more funds on it. Instead no notice is given, they simply add a negative balance to your "pre-paid" card. This is simply low-life business practice they can justify all they want, but in the end it's still bottom-feeding.

PayPower VisaNo card

Paypower prepaid card, took my refund and have not issue me a card they said it takes up to 7-10 business days but it been 23 days since I applied for my refund. I receive my tax refund on February 4th and I also received a email confirming that I should have received my card. I never got one. I called their customers services over 10 times and they gave me four different stories. One day they said it would arrive on this day and then I call again they say a different day. I can't keep doing this I need my money. I already filed a complaint with BBB. MY next step is to turn to my local news station. I suggest when you do your taxes and you don't have a bank account go with a check!! If you see pay power please don't use them because your money becomes their money!!!

Pay Power — Scammers

We were told that we were approved for a $5000 loan. But we had to moneygram them a refundable $110 to get...

Pay Power Visa — Status my card has a fraud hold

I was a new customer to Pay Power and had my had tax refund sent there. I seen that my Federal refund wa...

PayPower — fraud based on loading card using MoneyGram

They called me presenting as IRS investigator as king me to pay $4250 or I will be arrested if I will not...

PayPower Visa Travel Card — ATM Withdrawals

This card was recommended to me, as my daughter was traveling out of the Country on a Winter Intersession...

Pawling

Pay Power VisaHorrible customer service. Scam company

Never buy anything from pay power visa! I purchased a card for $200 on December 1st, 2014 then on December 21st I received an email from them stating my card would arrive in 7 to 10 days. I understand it was during the holidays so I didn't email them until it still had not arrived after 17 days . We emailed back and forth 4 times and each time they asked me for my phone number and each time I sent it along with my address etc. All I wanted was for them to send me a new card but they kept telling me that I wasn't giving them the same phone number that I registered with. It's the only phone number I have so yes it was the correct number. I finally called them to asked for a refund. The guy I spoke to could barely speak English and had a very bad attitude. When I gave him my phone number it worked fine so I don't understand why the person emailing me accused me of giving them false information. Eventually he said he would try to put in for a refund and then I was told it will take 30 to 60 days to arrive! This is ridiculous!

• Da
                            D Aiello Jan 12, 2015

I agree that the customer service is horrible. I have been trying to resolve an issue that a loved one is having trying to withdraw money out of an ATM machine in Chile and they have offered little to no help resolving this issue. My loved one is now in Chile with no cash thanks to having a card that doesn't work in any of the local ATM machines. What makes absolutely no sense is that in the beginning of her trip, she was able to withdraw from the ATM and now cannot even though they have verified time and time again that there is funding on the card. They have offered absolutely NO help whatsoever and I have now called Visa International 9/11 to try to get a emergency cash to my loved one. I think she should be compensated for her time, trouble and aggravation as this has completely ruined her trip.

• Ca
                            carol mclendon Mar 12, 2015

I WAS RIPPED OFF BY A CON FOR A GRANT USING PAY POWER . THEY WAS POSING AS THE BANK OF NEW YORK. . AND THAT I WAS GETTING A GRANT FROM WASHINGTON . SO I SENT THEM MONEY THAT WENT ON YOUR CARD TO A SCAMM . I HAVE CONTACTED THE LOCAL POLICE DEPT. AND FBI ABOUT THIS. THEY ARE FROM THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.

Pay Power VisaNo help

I am a single mother who had just loaded $500 on to a Pay Power card when it was stolen, before I noticed it was stolen, the thief made a purchase and that money was gone and since the purchase was made before before I noticed it missing they will not help me get my money back, I have a special needs child and that money on that card was raised by her school so she could talk (it was for a I pad with a talking app) with her friends. Now I have not a clue what to do my daughter is the one who got the short end of the stick here!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices