Discover Card / very upset

US Review updated:

I paid for a service called the Account Protection. The terms was if I became unemployed or disabled they couldn't add interest or late fees or any fees to the account for two years. I would be charged monthly on my card to pay for the account protection. Now I did come unemployed and I informed Discover that I was unemployed and at that time they should of activated the protection. I'm now being taking to court and sued by Discover. I feel as though they're unfair jerks. They took the money and didn't provide the service at all. I'm very upset and feel like I was screwed over by this company. I think everyone should be aware of this.

St

Comments

• Bo
      Aug 15, 2009

Account protection is typically provided by another service. Did you make sure you weren't supposed to call someone else to get your benefits?

• Al
      Jun 16, 2010

As someone who currently works with Payment Protection Insurance, you have to speak directly with the insurance company, and the number would be listed on your statement each month, next to the transaction where you paid for the insurance. Calling Discover and telling them you're unemployed doesn't do much, you have to let them know you have the insurance and ask to have it activated.