DirecTV / early terminatin fee

1 United States

My name is Jeff Vortisch, my email is w4jrv@yahoo.com, phone number is [protected].

My ATT account number was [protected]. I terminated my ATT/Direct TV account this month due to the high cost.

I was in the process of returning the equipment when I realize that Direct TV/ ATT had me listed has having a DVR receiver that was picked up my one of your technician in May 2017.

In May 2017 my Model Number C41-500/SN D34HD3QE417708 broke and I called Direct TV and explain this to them. A technician came to my home and decided that this piece of equipment needed to be replaced and he changed it out with a new one.

He changed it and took this old DVR with him and left. Today I was in the process of returning my equipment and discovered that ATT still has me listed as having this old DVR which the technician took with him.

I also learned that ATT in May 2017 because of this new piece of equipment had upgraded my account and thus put me back under a new contract for two years. I did not know this nor did I authorized this new upgrade. Now I am being charged a early termination fee because of this changed of equipment.

I feel that this is unfair and unjustified as I did not know about being under any new contract with ATT.

Please can you remove this charge and remove this piece of equipment from my records. I am a senior citizen living on social security and your company is trying to advantage of seniors.

Any help would be appreciated

Jeff Vortisch