DirecTV / direct tv

1 United States

I would like the address/addresses to file a formal complaint regarding my former Direct TV account [protected]. I will be blowing up social media and the BBB over this. I have been a customer of Direct TV for 14 years and my latest and last experience was worse than any service related issue I have ever dealt with. The issue started with needing to replace 1 antiquated HD Rec that had burned up. I tried to activate the new equipment that was sent to me, but since I had waited more than 30 days it could not be done, that would have been nice to know. The tech support scheduled a MasTec technician to come out on Monday to install the receiver, and when he did, it shut down all of the other equipment. This happened on January 14th, 2019, and I have been without service since then, today is February 1, 2019. I have spent hours of my time either on the phone with customer service, tech support, customer loyalty, supervisors, managers from seemingly all over the world and no one in your company could fix the problem. I have had 8 MasTec or service installers at my home, 4 different people. They have tried to replace all of the equipment 3 different times with no luck. They told me they'd have to close the account and open a new one, did that and no luck. I foolishly drove to the corporate headquarters in Dallas thinking someone could help and nothing. I've been assured at least 4 different times that the service order was in and after 2 - 4 hours just unplug and reboot and everything would be fine. The final time was from your [protected] AT&T Exe. Complaints manager, he was am arrogant ass but assured me that because the work order was in that before 11:59 yesterday it would be up and running. I just called to cancel my account and was surprised to find out the account was already canceled. The total lack of communication and lack of accessibility to account information prior to being pushed up the food chain in your service end is ridiculous. I can't imagine customers that have regular hourly jobs could afford the hours of time I have wasted over the last three week jacking with this. A poor elderly couple would have stroked out by now.

Dc