DirecTV / customer service/new service

1 Shelby, NC, United States Review updated:

I am writing this complaint, regarding the telephone call my wife and I made to Direct TV on 9/24/18, for TV and internet service's. After the sales pitch and the promotion offers for new customers, we decided to purchase Direct TV's services. My wife gave the required credit card information, for the $1 deposit. She gave her Social Security number for the credit check and then she was told to call Spectrum for the internet service. After calling Spectrum, they informed us that they do not service our area. My wife called back Direct TV and spoke to a new customer rep, who informed her that she would check out Hughes Net. She told my wife that our area was "spotty" and that there were only three more spots left in our area for Hughes to consider it full capacity. She also informed my wife that there would be a $99 installation fee, and the 1st months bill. This was not an option that we wanted, so we decided to cancel all services, and stay with your competitor. The customer service rep informed my wife that she would have to contact a different department, and patched her through to someone else. She told my wife that her computer stopped working and therefore could not the process. She told my wife to hang up and call back, because she was unable to patch her through. My wife called back and told a different customer rep to cancel our installation, but asked her several questions as to why?
After explaining everything again, he didn't understand why the internet service would not work. After telling him what Spectrum and the "spotty connections with Hughes, he kept trying to say that it would work. My wife told him several times to cancel, but, he kept pressing and pressing. He kept talking about Direct TV's service and tried to persuade my wife into reconsidering. My wife told him over and over that she wanted to cancel, but twenty minutes went by. My wife asked him if the installation was canceled, and not one time did he acknowledge in twenty minutes if the service was canceled. I told my wife to hand over the phone where I asked him to cancel the service. He continued right where he left off from my wife, and continued his sales pitch. The more he said the more it frustrated me. I asked him over and over if the service was canceled but he kept going to the point where I felt crossed over into becoming harassment. I asked to speak with his manager, but kept flapping. I asked about my $1 being refunded and he told me that it would be in 3-5 to 19 days. I asked again for his manager, and he then mentioned "internet is via satellite by AT&T", this was the third internet provider that was mentioned to us by multiple people. Not knowing what to believe I asked again for his manager, and it finally got quiet, I could hear him in the background speaking to someone explaining our situation. A different man then introduced himself as a supervisor, I then told him what was happening and how frustrated I was with the previous customer rep. He then went into his sales pitch and started doing exactly the same thing that the other guy was doing. I asked if they were located in the U.S., and he said they were offshore. However, it was obvious when I first started the conversation (30 minutes ago). I hung up with no resolve and called Direct TV once again. I spoke with a different person and told the story once again, they were surprised when I told them that the other two guys told me that it could be up to nineteen days before my $1 would be refunded, they told me that "I never heard that before". More importantly, I was finally told my installation was canceled. Direct TV wasted more than three hours of our time, and stressed us out over their incompetence, lack of knowledge, slowness, and harassment from customer service located somewhere offshore in a foreign land. I heard numerous people from customer service talk about how good your TV and internet service is, but the quality of people in customer service that we spoke with is as bad as it gets.

There is nothing to resolve, I will never call Direct TV again…..

L1
Sep 24, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      24th of Sep, 2018

they only know there script and nothing else
    just paid seat warmers