DirecTV / billing - my credit report - still linked to directv

1 6265 Sandpiper CtElkridge, MD, United States Review updated:

I been trying to get this correct for months - which is still showing a balance for $600 plus from the $1392 bill for 1 month of service.

When at work every time I pick up my cell phone it is linked to Directtv in which I no longer have service - have send emails to corporate and called and no response in regards to this due to I will not pay this bill -

I worked for AT&T for 30 years and the customer service is truly a disappointment and an embarrassment to be - I can no longer defend such bad service and my bill should have only been $58 dollars a month but have two accounts for me and no one will take the time to look into this matter any further -

And in the mist of another layoff - - TRUE DISGRACE>>>

• Updated by lavaerne, Jan 15, 2019

01/15/2019 - on hold for 15 minutes and no answer -

La
Jan 15, 2019

Comments

• Bi
      27th of Jan, 2019

I changed to DirecTV and was disappointed with the service and they charged more than advertised. I called to cancel 9 days in and was told I could cancel within 30 days with no penalty. I did so and returned the equipment. I then received a bill for $460.14 for early cancellation. I wrote a letter to customer explaining the situation and received an email stating they gave me a credit for $460. I then received a email stating they changed their minds and I do owe the money. It has now been turned over to a collection agency and my credit rating has dropped. I called the collection agency (Credence Resource Management LLC) and they were understanding but said I still owe the money. They said call DirecTV which I did and they were sympathetic but said I still owe the money. I checked the fine print on the contract and it never mentions that I only had 24 hours to cancel without penalty. I told DirecTV this and they said that is true. Any suggestions?