Direct TV / incomplete install

1 1843 S. Cottonwood St. Visalia CA 93277Visalia, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 559 625-5698

On Thursday, June 12, one DirectTV installer came to our home to install DirectTV service in 4 rooms. Initially, we had arranged an appointment between 8-12, but the installer showed up at 1:30pm when it was about 105 degrees outside. We discussed with the installer that we wanted the cables ran through the attic is why we wanted a early appointment. So we showed the installer where we wanted the HD dish mounted behind the house on the roof, and the cable on the side of the house in a open space between the house and chimney and the cable to the 4th room down the wall between the 3rd and 4th room. The installer agreed to the installation, but it was to hot to complete the installation, so he rescheduled the attic install for Friday, June 14, 2008, between 8-12.

On Friday, June 13, 2008, 2 different DirectTv installers showed up at around 1030 and were suprised when told the install was going to be a attic install. My wife told these installers the same info that was discussed with the previous installer. My wife has a disability so she did go outside to watch them closely. After the installers were done, my wife signed the paper work, the installers went to their truck and my wife thought they were coming right back, so she went to the back yard to see the result and notices that the cabled running on the outsidewall of the 4th bedroom, and the cable on the side of the house was installed around the chimney and through a vent on the side of the house. My wife went to the front of the house and noticed that the installers had left without receiving any copies of the signed agreement and receipt of the 50.00 the installers collected as a tip for the attic install. I was at a Dr.'s appointment, so when I got home, I spoke with a representative regarding the issues and concerns with the install procedure. I requested a site supervisor to contact me regarding the install procedure. The representative sent the complaint to the DirectTV site supervisor.

On Saturday, June 14, DirectTv installer Cruz called the house at 7 am and spoke with my wife and wanted to know what was wrong with the job he had done. He said that they had done the best job possible, and were not able to do the install as we had requested. The installer also told my wife that DirectTV normally does not provide copies of the service agreement to customers at the the time of install. I disagree with the install procedure and the response the installer gave my wife. This is unacceptable, I requested a supervisor to contact me not the installers. We had the understanding the installer from Thursday, June 12, would have done the job. I would appreciate if a supervisor from the DirectTv service site call me so we can resolve this issue. Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Mitch Miller
[protected]
[protected]

Comments

• Bo
      24th of Sep, 2008

As an installer of satellites I have to say that you are in the wrong. Do you tell a mechanic how to fix your car(Probably)? You don't tell an installer where to run wires. You ask if it would be possible to put them where you want them and he tries his best to do it(within reason). We have so many jobs a day and a sub contractor can get fined $100 for being late or missing appointments. I'm so sick of customers thinking they know how to do my job better than I do when they don't know squat. Give the guy a break. What if someone came over and told you the best way to cook a meal you have cooked a thousand times. You probably have nothing better to do than sit around and complain about the smallest little things. Now this poor guy is getting in trouble (probably fined), worrying about losing his job and feeding his family because of your stupid complaining. Maybe next time you can do the work yourself seeing how you're such an expert on how it should be done. Get a life and get off your imaginary thrown.