Direct TV / theft

On April 1 my credit card was stolen and a charge was made to direct tv for over 300 dollars. I called credit card company who did their part but direct would not put a stop on this payment!! I was told to file a complaint online which Im doing...I refuse to pay some strangers tv bill & would appriciate it if Direct Tv would cancel that payment & credit my card back!! You were informed before the payment went through that my card was stolen! I still do NOT understand why this payment was made when Direct was informed in plenty of time to stop the payment!!! I would also like to know the name of the person who stole my credit card!!!

Ti
Apr 6, 2013

Comments

• Qu
      14th of May, 2009

i ordered direct tv online on monday.tuesday it was installed.i payed a $200 set up fee.8 hours after service was activated it was suspended.i live in an rv park.i moved into my mothers former space after she left.she had direct tv prior.they claim she owes $500.i am now responsible for that debt because i now live here, am related, and had mail sent here in the past.they will not reinstate my service until i pay her debt! how is that fair? how is it legal? and my $200 in non refundable apparently.so i payed $200 for 8 hours of cable.dang that's expensive.can anyone help?

• Pi
      7th of Jun, 2009

i had service with direct tv and if you ask me, they are no more than a business of thiefs!!! Is the economy so bad that they have to steal money from customers??? there service is Sh!**y - everytime it even thunders outside...the sat. goes out!!! we canceled service with them and they stole over $1200 out of our bank account. thats enough money to pay 4 a couple of years of their sh!**y service!!! the only way they even had our bank info was because i paid my bill once over the phone by debit card...then they took it upon themselves to steal money out of our account...i assume they stole it to pay for all the illegal aliens they employee. I ADVISE NO ONE TO EVER GET DIRECT TV!!!

17th of Nov, 2009

I have Direct TV for 4 1/2 years I try to get out of their contract because they send me a so box that I never order they went to my bank account and stole $643.92. I went to get the money to pay my mortgage they take it. I agree to go to Direct TV in order to get my money back as sales person they money will go back in my account in 48 hours. After 48 hours when I check that when I was told the money will be in a form of credit in my Direct TV account I went back to square again they are thieves stealinh money in my account for early termination fee after 4 1/2 yaers and $175.00 for DVR box.

• Bl
      2nd of May, 2013

Mr. McGaha,
    We are here to help! At Consumer Fraud Legal Services we have consumer rights lawyers who focus exclusively on defending customers from fraudulent billing, contracts, and service problems like the one in your consumer complaint against Directv. Using the Consumer Fraud Act, we will try and get you a refund no matter how small the amount. Regardless, our time is free. If we win, the law requires that Directv pays our legal fees. It does not cost you anything to talk to an attorney or visit our website. We hope to hear from you.
    Contact CFLS at: