Direct TV / charges
I spent hours, (and I am not exagerating at all), on the phone with both DirectTV and their internet service provider, Wild Blue. During these calls I asked multiple times what the charges to my CC would be for signing up. They NEVER mentioned that I had to register online for a rebate that brought the price down and the rebate would take 4 to 6 weeks to take affect. That was not the worse part. After being told repeatedly that their is no charge for the equipment, I get a $232.90 charge on my card. When I called they said that was the charge for the internet equipment not the directTV equipment. When I tried to explain that no one ever told me about this charge, they would do nothing at all about it. I spoke to 3 different people because I kept asking for a boss who could do something about this and that it was unfair. All of them told me the same thing, since the equipment was installed, they could not do anything about it. I explained my side in detail to everyone, telling them that if I knew this ahead of time, I would not have purchased the service because I could not afford that. During the first mess, I told them to come get their equipment because I was not using them, they said they could not and that I had to send it back and if I did not, I would be charged. This may seem like a simple complaint, but the amount of time I spent on the phone, making sure exactly what I would be charged for, was absolutely unbelievable and they still screwed it up. And they will do nothing to help me, I got scammed.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Customer service was HORRIBLE!!!
- DirecTV - protection plan scam 
- Direct TV - menu font and functionality 
- DirecTV - television services 
- DirecTV - satellite service