Direct TV / company won't fix their service without service charge
I initiated service less than 6 months ago and have been very happy until the last week. My HDTV service has stopped working entirely (I don't know if it was related to the software download Directv uploaded, but it happened at around that time). Now Directv customer service people inform me that I have 2 choices: 1. pay $50 for someone to come out to fix your service, or 2. buy a warranty on THEIR equipment. Before I take either of those options, I will choice option 3. disconnect Directv service and go back to Comcast where I was never charged for service calls and where I was always credited back for time that service wasn't working perfectly (which I never had to ask them to do).
I did read accounts just like this online before getting their service and I didn't believe they could be true. Until this one bad experience, I had been very happy with their installation tech who was thoroughly professional and careful, happy with their excellent HD DVR (much better than Comcast's), and happy with the service. It just goes to show how far bad customer service and charges will get a company.
I will resort to reading and/or talking to my wife before paying their ridiculous fees.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - New Insatalled, Tech not show up
- DirecTV - Unable to get channel 5, NBC
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept