Direct TV / false charges

1 301 EVERARD STDix Hills, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6314847507

I was forced to cancel my Directv service after 11 years because of rising costs and very poor service. I sent back whatever equipment was theirs in the allotted time. I received a bill for $163. for early cancellation, which they had a $28. credit. I then sent $10 both in October and November and asked on both bills that the charges of "early cancellation" be explained to me. Today December17th a collection agency called and threatened my perfect credit with a judgement.

Comments

• Ba
      19th of Jan, 2011

After being a loyal customer for over 12 years, I received a mailer offering more channels and an HD DVR/Receiver for less than half of what I was paying. I called, and the customer service rep said he could get me everything on the lis minus a few movie channels, he just needed to transfer me over to another rep to cancel my HBO service. The next rep told me she would not honor the previous agreement, would charge me $199 for the HD receiver/DVR. I told her I would contact the BBB, when she suddenly changed, offering me the HD/DVR for $99.00, but no movie channels. Every time I tried to talk, she talked over me. They have lost my business. Last time I had to deal with any changes with them was moving from 2 receivers to 1. They kept charging me for two receivers for two years, not responding to complaints. Oh, Check the BBB--their rating with the BBB is an F-. Enough said.