Direct TV / direct tv is horrible

Phone: 413-265-1208

I had direct tv installed in february had fibe service, about 3 months later I was getting horrible signal, I couldn't even watch tv because the screen kept freezing up and skipping. I contacted direct tv to send a tec to look into the problem. After paying $80.00 the tec that came out informed me due to a very large tree in my neighbors yard that is blocking the mail signal and that the dish should never have been put on my house. Because it was installed in the winter and the tree was bare was the reason i'm now having trouble in the spring, now that the tree is full of leaves. He was unable to fix the problem, and said there is no where he could put the dish as long as that tree is there. I called up direct tv 3 different times asking if someone could come out to give a second opinion, after being on the phone for almost 2 hours trying to get the fee of 80.00 back I was told they wouldn't remove the fee. I paid 80.00 for someone to come to my house to tell me that I shouldn't have direct tv the dish should never been installed. The tec actually said that they just want to get pais, so they throw dishes on houses without getting clear signal, and realizing that trees fill with leaves! After making three attempts in getting a second opinion, I was told someone would call be back that never happened, I was going now a month without being able to watch tv with a clear picture. I called direct tv up to cancel, they informed me I was going to have to may a early cancellation fee of $400.00! I was outraged, I asked the customer service rep what I was supposed to do, and his response was "it's not are fault there are leaves on the tree"! Stay away from direct tv... They have poor customer service!!!

Cr

Comments

• Ge
      2nd of Jun, 2008

We had to threaten law suit to get out of contract with Dish Satellite, it did not work and it took forever to get a technician to come out, they couldn't make it work proper. Finally a letter to consumer complaint dept at the State Attorney General Office and a threat of law suit, they cancelled the contract.