Direct TV / unauthorized contract extension!
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with your company policy on contract renewal without informing the client of the policy. I had five receivers in my home with four new and one old left over from a previous contract ended 3 years ago. Recently, the old receiver lost the sound and your service people, after diagnosed the problem, agreed to send me a replacement without any condition. Your Rep even told me that since we are a long time good customer, they glad to replace without any charge.
I connected the replaced receiver a week ago, but it asked me to call for reactivation. I called and your customer service representative activated my receiver without informing me in advance that the activation will result in an extension of the contract for 18 months. I strongly dispute the deceiving practice of your people for the following reasons:
1. This is the replacement of a malfunction receiver. The activation should be a part of the repair. This is not a new activation; therefore, you should not force customer to renew the contract.
2. I was not informed and asked for approval of the contract extension before you proceed with the activation.
3. Should I be informed of the reactivation policy, I would never accept such ridiculous term.
4. I asked for the proof of my approval (recorder), they can not provide one.
5. I asked that my replaced receiver is disconnected and the contract extension is voided, but your representative arrogantly refused.
I asked that you cancel the unapproved contract extension for the previously listed reasons. I am a long time customer with Direct TV and I am very disappointed with such treatment. I hope that you will resolve this matter as soon as possible without involving the Attorney Office and the Federal Communication Agency.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Customer Service/New Service
- DirecTV - Tv service
- DirecTV - New Insatalled, Tech not show up
- DirecTV - Unable to get channel 5, NBC
- Direct TV - cable