Direct TV / cheatings from direct tv

Phone: 6504500925

When i called the DirectTV sales guy, he told me that I am into $19.99 plan + International Channel for $14.99. For this plan, I will be getting HBO/Starz/Showtime free for 3 months, A Rebate of $13.00 per month and no handling charges.

Before confirming my order, i did confirm with the sales guy that my monthly payable would be $21.00 for first three months and later on it would increase when i add HBO/Startz/Showtime.

But the first month bill shows that i am into $32.99 plan and the total bill was $47.98 (Rebate will come later), which is $13.00 more that what was committed to me. Also they did not inform me about the 18 months commitment and the penalty upto $480 if i break the committment. These things were not told to me during the sales call and they have taken me for a ride.

When i called up their customer support [protected]), they said that's how it works and did not offer any help.

Since they have recorded these calls, I want them to go thru the conversation and give me a justise in this regard. If they cannot honor the committment, let them take back their receiver and i cannot pay the penalty.

Pa

Comments

• Th
      13th of Aug, 2008

Pandu-the next time you call ask for the employee name and i.d numberwrite down time and date you called. Before you cancel-which I highly recommend you do{I just did this past saturday-after seven years}get in touch with your credit card company and bank to let them know the problem you are having with this company let them know they do not have authorization to your accounts.They do not come get their recievers they make you send them back-you have seven days they pre-date the box/s they drop off by 2 days / then their under express saver so they won't get the equipment by the 7 days they will charge up to 470.00 a box. On top of a cancellation fee{their trying to charge me a fee of 274.00 on a contract i never signed.}They are are a underhanded, sneaky company who knows nothing about customer service or fixing their mistakes.I have had their techs leave holes in my walls, bite the end of my cable wire, never correct the same on going problem I've had for over ayear.They don't finish jobs they can't show up for appointments or keep track of their appointments.Their reps are rude, disrespctful, and bullies. Get rid of this company as soon as possible but protect yourself first and call the 800 line because it is recorded.

• Lu
      13th of Oct, 2010

I too am having a problem with Direct TV. I called and canceled the service back in March and rec'd a confirmation letter. I was told I owned the equip since I had it for 5 years and I didnt need to return it just in case I change my mind. They Re-activated the service in June without my authorization - I already had another cable company. I rec'd a bill in August for service from end of June - July - & Aug, I called and told them it should have been canceled, they said it was "suspended" not canceled and said I have 7 das to pay the bill and return the equip. Its took them 3 weeks to send me the boxes for me to return the equipment. BUT...in the meatime, one day as I was doing online banking, I noticed they deducted using my debit card that they kept on file, without my authorization the fee for 2.5 months service, total was $228. I called up Direct TV screaming, they told me I have to "take it up with the bank since the transaction was already done there is nothing they can do". Then I sent the equip back, and during the "mailing period" I noticed AGAIN, they automatically charged my debit card for the equip fees WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. They kept on file and went through OLD online payments to find my debit card info! The best part is >>>> I had the service through a bundle package with verizon, so I always paid the bill online through Verizon website, never through Direct TV - and I never had auto draft payments set up so they should have never had my card info. Total they deducted from me $512.22 - I filed a claim against it with the bank and they are investigating it for me!!!