Direct TV / misleading phone sales
I looked on the Dish Network website to change my programming. The number listed was [protected]. I accidentally dialed [protected]. The phone was answered "Fun Dish." Thinking it was some kind of subcontractor, I provided all the information. Never once do I remember hearing "DirecTV" during the sales pitch. So the next day, I got a call to confirm my order. The lady said "DirecTV" and I said "hang on a minute, I don't want to change companies." She transferred me to another operator for cancellation. Yeah, I expected a new sales pitch. What I didn't expect, though, was the literal argument I got from the operator. I informed her I had friends who had bad experiences with DirecTV, and just wanted to cancel the order. I explained to her how I obtained the phone number "Yeah, we appreciate Dish Network putting our phone number on their website" was her sarcastic response, then she obliquely reminded me I would not be getting the $50 fee back-- "How do you like losing fifty bucks?" I told her that it didn't seem like I had much of a choice since she was unlikely to refund it. More arguments. Finally, I told her just to cancel the service and hung up.
Okay, I accept the mis-dial. But you can't tell me that DirecTV having the exact same 7 digits as Dish Network is just coincidence. What a scam. For a company that claims to have a better product and better service, they seem like a bunch of scam artists and loophole worms to me.
And as to the $50?? Well, they checked the validity of my credit card to two "pending charges" of $25 each, so that shows up on my credit card statement as well as the $50. What a joke.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - Unable to get channel 5, NBC
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept 
- Direct TV - unprofessional service