Direct TV / bad advertising and practices

Phone: 850-224-7131

To chase carey president direct tv
Due to the high cost of your service in comparison to the quantity of viewing channels I receive, I am having my service disconnected. As a result of my experience using and trying to disconnect this service I will not recommend any one use your service because of this experience. Your advertisements and rebates are deceptive resulting in higher monthly payments. I have no problem paying the disconnect fee or last months bill, this will be recouped in a few months from the lower cable bill which gives me more viewing options for less money. I do have a problem with any one making unauthorized charges on any of my bank or charge accounts automatically. You have no signature from me or my wife on file on any agreement or installation contract. Send me a final proratred bill and I will promptly pay it. Attach my credit card with an unauthorized charge as your customer service agent implied and I will contest it and delay payment.

Another dissatisfied customer
Lonnie t. Walton

Comments

• Ro
      2nd of Jun, 2008

My Direct TV has not come in clearly from day 1. It is always searching for satelite. Because the cost for service is so high, I have waited till now to finally call for service. The service tech verifyed that the dish is improperly installed, that is why my service is so bad. Your people will not give credit for my past poor service. WHY????

• Bb
      2nd of Jun, 2008

DirecTV completely scammed me. In early 07 I called
    to cancel my subscription. The rep I talked to in the
    retention department told me that I could instead put
    my account on hold until the next football season
    started. I asked him if I at that time I would get a
    phone call to ask me if I wanted to restart my
    service as I was unsure I even wanted to restart service. He told me I would.

1 year later I notice many DirecTV charges on my
    credit card for 5 months worth of charges. I wondered
    what had happened not remembering the restart because
    I was relying on DirecTV to call and ask me before
    starting.

I can understand a retention rep wanting to keep
    someone from canceling, that is their job, but that
    doesn't mean that person can say things that are not
    true, or make promises DirecTV does not follow through
    on. DirecTV had a responsibility to right any wrong
    their broken promises have caused and they have not
    done that.

I contacted DirecTV and was met with indifference,
    given the runaround, dealing with people that either
    have no authority or no inclination to do the right
    thing, mostly robotic-like "customer service" reps
    towing the company line.

The "great" customer service that their commericials
    advertise are a joke. They should take the millions
    of dollars they spend on those commericials and use it
    to revamp their customer service department to
    actually try and do right by their customers.

• Su
      25th of Jun, 2008

I to have been deceived by this company since the first of the year. I not only have given them the code to the package I ordered and their confirmation. They still have not given me a good reason for why my account is charged randomly for what ever service they want to add of take off without our permission. I actually stopped a neighbor from installing their service for this reason. The tech was not happy when she asked him to go!

• Sy
      19th of Jul, 2008

I to have had a bad experience with Direct TV. I was there customer for 18 months and one of the DVR's quit working, I called them, because I had purchased a repair/replacement insurance they sent me a new DVR, I called the company to hook up the unit they walked me through it and hooked up new DVR, well this DVR did not work either, I called and complained. They told me they would send out a repairman to check my lines but this did not happen, after several calls. Due to the frustration and the terrible service I canceled the cable. They are charging me $200.00 for disconnecting the first bad dvr and $200.00 for disconnecting the other bad DVR, I have refused to pay as it seem crazy, as neither one worked in the first place. They are now tring to charge me a cancelation fee as apparently when they sent out the new DVR, the other one that did not work, I was charged 2 more years of contract, which I did not know about or agree to. This has been a nighmare with collection calls and they will not even try and talk to me and explain these terrible charges.

frustrated!!!