Direct TV / scam billing!

Phone: 800-531-5000

I had used Direct TV for at least 2 years. When I decided to relocate from California to Texas, I informed Direct TV that I would need to cancel the service because I was moving and would not need service any longer. A representative called me back and convinced to me to just 'suspend' my service and that when I needed to start the service up again, to give them a call. Well I never called, but I did receive a bill in the mail the second week of March 2008.

So of course I called to clear up any confusion, and I was told that the bill would be credited and that the balance would be zero. However that was not the case. Yes they did credit me 47.66, but still left a balance of 104.00. I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor, and she was very rude, she said that she would not send a payment dispute because she felt that I was responsible for the bill. So, I send an e-mail to try and get the balance cleared up. I receive an e-mail response informing me that the balance was still due and payable, however my information would be sent to management to inform them of my issue with the supervisor.

My whole issue is that they would not take responsibility for their error and are trying to charge me for it. Clearly, why would I call to reinstate service at an address that I no longer live? If I'm living in a home where the owner already has cable tv, why would I call to reinstate? This doesn't make any sense to me, but I guess that Direct TV sees no wrong. Issue is still ongoing.

Va

Comments

12th of May, 2008

I have recently switched to cable, In the event i checked on one of my debit accounts and DirectTv has a charge of $75 pending. This was never authorized over phone or in writing. They stated to me that they have the right to do this, BULL S***. This is credit card FRAUD. I have used this card in the past as a ONE TIME EFT payment, but this doesn't give them the right to charge my account, instead of sending me a remaining bill through the mail this is what they do to people. I was with them for about 5 years, but will NEVER return. My charter cable is better and a lot more reliable.

• Ri
      17th of Sep, 2008

Recently I had to drop DirectTV because of a move to a heavily wooded area.
    They WITHOUT PERMISSION WENT INTO MY DEBIT CARD ACCOUNT AND DEDUCTED $172.

They said they had a right to this SCAM.

Shouldn't there be a law somewhere that forbids using an unauthorized deduction from my account?

• Tu
      19th of Apr, 2010

We are being scammed too, how to deal with these people and YES the supervisors are very rude as are the people who answer unless you are taking their product.