Direct TV / lied until they got me stuck with the contract

United States Review updated:

They lied to me about packages and prices until the technician(Who has no idea about the package you bought) comes to your house and install the antenna. After the antenna is installed there is no way to get out of the contract. In my case, i was told by 3 different employees that i was going to pay 39 dolars per month for 200 channels, and 1 dvr and 1 receiver was already included. Me and my wife made sure that no other fee would be charged, and the first bill would be $39 plus taxes(We asked that question several times).
The techinian came and installed the antenna, and i asked him" so i have the 200 channels package right?" and he said, " i don't know the package you have, i just install the antenna", than he showed me a paper full of numbers and codes for me to sign, i signed and he took it with him. So, after one week i received a bill for 70 dollars.
I called customer service to find out what had happened.
Their employee told me that i had a 2 year contract and that the price was right for what i chose. I talked with 3 different customer service representatives before i decided to change to direct tv and no one told me about the 2 year contract, and all of then 3 told me the same monthly fee(39 dollars). After the antenna was installed i received a contract letter. In the contract it said that if i disagree with the contract that i could call and cancel the contract, and thats what we did, but the antenna was already installed and that was enough to be stuck in the contract. I have called direct tv many times to try to get some justice, it took many calls to lower my service to a cheaper package( they would tell me that the change was done, but than i would check it, and no change was made), i got hung up on phone a couple of times. I could write three pages about everything that has been wrong with direct tv service. I have had accounts with time warner and charter, but direct tv is the worst by far!!!!

Comments

An
  3rd of Apr, 2008
Direct TV imposed an early termination fee of $460 on my account even when I cancelled the service the next day. The picture was blurry and the installers are clueless as to how to make it better. Dtv then told me I signed a contract upon completion of installation. This was when the harried installers shoved the lengthy very small print pink 2 page contract in my hands and asked for the signature that the work is complete before they can leave. Who would have thought they would resort to such dirty tactics ???? I called & write to their Dispute Dept. for a whole month - NO REPLY. Then on my final call, they told me a decision have been made, and I am to pay the early termination fee no matter what. I am fed up with this company and will take them to court if I have to. Please, people, DO NOT sign up with DTV unless you are willing to sacrifice customer service & hours of dissatisfaction.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV