Direct TV / 48 hr to cancel?

Imagine this, you only have 48 hrs to decide weather you like their service or not, how ridiculous is that?! The contract i have in my hands says i can cancel within 7 days of signing the contract but when i called i was told that the contract was changes and the "charges re valid" their policies had changes and the contract i got was wrong and not valid, the apologize and said i needed to pay the amount billed for. So i guess we signed a an old contract and that our fault? These people are scammers...

An

Comments

• El
      21st of Jul, 2008

I was told I had 21 days to cancel and try it out reconfirmed it twice, when I called the first time-they said no that is not correct only 7 days to cancel (I was on about day 8). Now I am told I had to have cancelled within 24 hours-even less time than your 48 hours. I didn't even sign anything-fighting this one!

• Ly
      26th of Jan, 2009

They told you 48? They told me 24 hours... Can't talk to any supervisors, they dont' exsist, so tomorrow I'm gonna file a complaint with the BBB in town here.

• Ho
      23rd of Jun, 2009

My name is Howard mason i applied for a job with direct tv in september 2008 and never gotten callled in for an interview. I notice that everyone that filled out an application the same day with me gotten hired only two are three month later. those people that gotten hired knows someone that work in hr. Why haven't i gootten hired yet since i dont need any expericence i dont think anything should be complicated.