Direct TV / incompetent customer service, can't get rebates

DIRECTV should be brought up on charges! I have found hundreds of complaints on the internet and wonder why they are still in business! DIRECTV is the worse company I have ever had to deal with!

I signed up for Directv in March 2007 and have had so many problems that I'm taking my case to a lawyer. It is now September and I've had it! They have failed to fulfill their obligations and I refuse to pay their contract termination fees! Which I was told would be $900.00! That right! $150.00 per standard receiver, $300.00 for premium equipment (DVR) and $12.50 per month of the unfulfilled contract!

I have kept notes and a call log on every problem so I could write pages of complaints but here is a summary:

I have spent an average of 3 hours a week on the phone with DIRECTV for the past 6 months, which adds up to about 80 hours. This doesn't include all the hours "on hold" or calling back after being disconnected!

I was wrongly charged for installation, per DIRECTV, but can't get a refund.
I can't get any of the rebates that were promised! My service has been terrible and they want to charge me to come out to fix it!

My DVR, which is leased so it's their equipment, didn't work and I was charged $20.00 to get a new one! I received the new DVR on 8/20/07 and on 9/17/07 found out that they had extended my contract by 6 months, claiming that my service started new with the activation of the new DVR!

Their equipment is cheap, non responsive, and the guide is so blurry that it's difficult to read (and I have a new TV, as well as, new glasses!!!) I have been charged for returned equipment and told it was because I didn't return it quickly enough! It was mailed the day after I received the Return Authorization, box, and shipping label, WHICH I HAD TO REQUEST 2 TIMES!

DIRECTV customer service is terribly rude and completely incompetent! I have been lied to and disconnected so many times I believe it's done intentionally!

I signed up for DIRECTV through Qwest and DIRECTV customer service has told me to contact Qwest with my service complaints! I was also referred to Qwest by DIRECTV's automated message system.

Qwest confirmed that DIRECTV is referring a large number of their service complaints to Qwest although Qwest has nothing to do with DIRECTV service.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV