Direct TV / excessive charges for cancellation
I found my contract was extended when I purchased a new HD receiver at Wal Mart. I not only had to pay for canceling the extended contract early but also had to ship the HD receiver to them after I had paid $200.00 for it. I found out after I installed the HD receiver that I could only a few HD channels without upgrading the dish on the roof. The signal would also go out ever time it rained and I had to have a separate antenna if I wanted local stations for weather warnings when it was raining.
I went ahead and paid the charges and got Verizon Fios and have not lost service once since I started. The difference in picture quality was amazing and I have many more channels and features for less monthly costs than Direct TV. I will never use Direct TV again.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - equipment and billing
- DirecTV - disputed charges
- DirecTV - cable
- DirecTV - cable 
- DirecTV - unethical behavior