Direct TV / fraud/unauthorized use of credit/debit card

US Review updated:

Beware of unauthorized charges from direct tv, cancelled direct tv due more dollars and truly down hill service. Did the right thing, phoned cust. Service, told them that I was switching to cable (More channels, less dollars) after being a customer for a decade.. Wel low behold iget my final bill of 298.00 to which I am sure there too was also a 100+dollars in there for taking my business else where, they that very night ran my card number withdrew monies, causing over 600+dollars inover draft fees, including bouncing my automobile insurance, electric utility payment checks (Monies where in account for the later two) contacted d-tv and was told once you authorize your trans action it is stored so that if you start showing signs of skipping out on them they can and will with draw any and all funds do to them... That my friends is a crock of sh!*i would like to know if there is legal representation following this because some thing is not right with this. Also credit union fraud dept told me that" once you autorize thats it". Wow!!

Comments

• In
      Sep 22, 2009

They just did the same thing to me in a receccion with little funds to feed my family. I am PISSED! They told me that my "one time payment" was put "on file" for future payments. That Does not make any sense! Yeah, your visa is my visa...exactly. Also, it was never verbally explained that was there policy and had it been I may have been smarter to pay with only a money order or something.