Direct TV / representative lied to me

I called to inquire about getting Direct TV to replace our cable service. One of the main reasons was to get my husband, a NY transplant, Yankees and Rangers games, so I asked alot about the sports pack. This was the main purpose of our ordering it. We are paying extra for the "sports pack"

I very specifically asked the customer service representative before I agreed to to contract if Yankees games were blacked out. I was extremely clear about this. There could not have been any doubt about my concern. He absolutely knew why we were ordering Direct TV. He repeatedly promised me that NO yankees games were blacked out. (I asked three times!!)

Guess what? He lied. Explicitly and without question. I was told that no yankees games were blacked out on the YES network. He even told me that not even Fax Saturday afternoon games were blacked out. So, it sounded great to me. I ordered it and my husband took a day off work while the installer was here and we even had to jump through hoops with our condo board so that they would agree to let us drill into the outside of the building.

And guess what? We don't get the yankees games! I assume the same is true with the Rangers game, but it isn't hockey season. Within three days of getting it installed, we discovered this. (We didn't try to watch yankees games before that because we were out of town.) We called, we complained, we explained the situation, that we were deliberately lied to, that we felt we had been defrauded, spoke with supervisors, with no results. Apparently, it is ok with them if their customer service reps lie as long as they get you to sign the contract.

We both feel that we have been defrauded so badly, and in such complete violation of any ethical standards, that we are considering appropriate action to take next. We just don't know what that action might be.

Co

Comments

• Eb
      9th of Oct, 2009

As I was reading this, I had to double read it as it sounded like an exact email I made almost a year ago but I did not remember doing it in here.
    I can't agree more with coachie.
    The exact same thing happened to me. I am also a NY Yankee fan transplant from central Jersey, I asked the same questions and got the same answers...wow