Direct TV / awful company
Shame on Direct TV. After several years of doing business with Direct TV and thousands of dollars in fees for premium service, tivo's etc; I made arrangements to relocate to UT Knowing I would only be in a rental house for 6 to 12 months before finding a permanent residence; Direct TV told me they would suspend my account until I notified them. I was sent a $135 credit on payments made, which I never received. I called them to let them know I was moving and had never received boxes to send the receivers back and requested a pick-up of the boxes and HD tivo's.
I was told if I did not move them to UT and retain their service; I would be charged over $300 dollars for breaking my contract early? This was a total misrepresentation of what I had been told when I transferred their service to our new home in colleyville from a previous residence in Colleyville where i had their service since their inception. After seeing all the bad reviews on [redacted]s; I see this is a standard practice. Stay away from these guys. They mislead and blatantly lie. A terrible way to do business. Shame on Direct TV for shoddy deceptive business practices.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - satellite tv service
- Direct TV - technical assistance
- DirecTV - billing - my credit report - still linked to directv
- DirecTV - service calls
- DirecTV - complaint