Direct TV / misrepresentation of product

Direct TV
We decided to start using Direct TV after viewing their website and seeing that we could receive the basic cable channels (including mtv, mtv 2, spike, etc.), which is called the TrubroHD Silver, in HD for 37.99 a month. My husband called me in to take a look at the deal and verify that he was reading everything correctly and that he was not mistaken about the price, or the channels involved. He was very much correct, and we decided to go for it! We were super excited about such a great deal! Direct TV came out to the house, did a great job setting everything up and then left. When time came for us to start watching our television we noticed that we only had a select handul of channels. We called Direct TV to let them know the problem and they disagreed with us telling us that the package we were referring to would not include Spike, MTV, MTV 2, etc - just absolute basic cable such as TLC, and TNT, etc. We told them that this is not what the website said and they went to the website over the phone with us and went to the same page we were looking at and said they didn't see where it said it included Spike or MTV - even though we were looking at it plain as day. We went over exactly how we got to the page we were looking at to make sure we were both looking at the same page and once again they acted like they had no idea what we were talking about. We made sure to take a screen shot at this point to verify what we were talking about and offered to email the photo to them. They said they did not want the photo, that we did not have the channels that we were asking for and could only get them if we paid more. This made no sense to us considering that the website we were looking at said it had the channels we wanted, in the package we ordered. We decided to refresh our page and suddenly, over the telephone call, the website changed and the channels that were originally listed were gone. Of course we started screaming and yelling at this point, as they OBVIOUSLY had noted that they made a mistake and changed it due to our calling. We have photos to prove that the channels were listed on the page, and now a picture of the new page they put up. They still have not fixed the problem, and will not. I HATE this company. We are only using them now because they are about the only company out here to use for cable, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. I will never suggest them to anyone, and think they have HORRIBLE customer service, and will not own up to their own mistakes.

below are some of the screen shots we took, the before photos include the MTV in the list, and then notice how the other beofre starts with cartoon network but the after starts with a&e?? yeah ...

Direct TVDirect TVDirect TV

D  29th of Mar, 2013 by
To whom this may concern,
my name is Ms Middlebrooks I am writing you on behalf of my existing acct with direct/TV.My complaint is that I have a advertising that was mailed to me stating that you all had a list of the services and the prices for each packages. After I viewed the list I made a decision to go with you all $24.99 package. I discovered a problem when I called direct/TV about why I could not get my $5.00 credit to my acct, after service was installed at my home. Once I called back on Nov 02, 2012 I spoken with Ms. Mary, about a my bill. My bill was supposed to be suppose be $24.99 per month instead of $29.95. At that time when I spoken with Ms.Mary I request that my acct with direct/TV be closed because of false advertisement. At that time Ms. Mary, gave me a credit of $60.00 to keep me with direct/TV. Ms. Mary told me that my first payment will be $14.95, but I paid $20.00.
I have decided that due to my financial agreement with other bills, also due to you all false advertisement, I am requesting that you all close my account with Direct TV.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV