Direct TV / unethical management

My mother is 85, lives in a HUD apartment and thought she would save some money with Direct TV. They installed the unit and showed her how to use it. When they left she did not understand how to use the remote. I told her we will get someone out to show her again. She has slight dimentia. The next person came out 2 days later and was very short with her. He raised his voice at her and said he was going to tell his boss that he never wants to service her unit again. By the time he left she was afraid of the DirectTV servicemen and still could not use the system becasue she could not understand the remote control. I filed a complaint against the serviceman for her. She cancelled her service and was charged $300.00 early cancellation fee. Her life savinges was only $400.

I explained the circumstances to customer service and they said she signed the contract so the fee is justified. I escataed it to upper management who said the same thing.

This is just unethical!

Ci

Comments

10th of Aug, 2009

my sister had direct about a year ago and just recently they took money out of her bill money from her bank account and now doest have enough money to pay the rest of her bills she doesnt understand she paid they what she owed them but because of the contract they said that it was legal to take it out what shall a person to do