Direct TV / unauthorized satellite installation

First let me start by saying i dont even have DTV!! I live in a historical row home in Allentown PA. All of our houses are attached to one another. The house to the left of mine has been converted into 3 apartments. One of the tenats ordered DTV and the installer installed the DTV dish to MY ROOF instead of theirs! Why? I have no idea. I called DTV 22 times and talked to 3 different supervisors. I advised them that they need to come out to my property and remove this unauthorized satllite dish from my roof and attach it to the correct residence and repair my damages. This crazy company tried to convince me that I cant prove that DTV installed it on my roof as if some random person just walked by house and climbed up on my roof and is now watching TV from outside somewhere. Then they said if I dont like it on my roof that I should climb up there myself and remove it and repair my roof myself. I told them several times that I dont have DTV and that they by accident installed it on my property but ran the wires to the neighbors house. They said that even if they did install it on my roof that they had written permission to do so. I asked where I could obtain this "documentation" and they advised me at my local DTV office but they wouldnt give me that info. I yelled at them and said "I sell DTV, and your contractors dont always have to have written documentation". Yes you heard right everyone. I SELL DTV!!! I WORK FOR VERIZON!!! I SELL VERIZON PHONE, DSL, AND DTV!!! To make a long story short, they are refusing to remove it! So in conclusion, DTV trespassed on my property, drilled holes in my roof and wont take the satellite down and they will not take responsibility. I cant stand this company!!!

Comments

• Pa
      4th of Mar, 2012

A tenant, had Direct TV install an UGLY dish on my house WITHOUT my permission. I want it off my house and the customer rep told me that they don't send out technicians to take dishes down, even after someone moves out! We'll see about that! What a stupid corporate line along with the rep refusing to give me a corporate phone number. All she would say was here's the address; PO Box 6550, Greenwood Village, CO.

17th of Apr, 2013

Find the Service Of Process in your area for that company and take them to small claims court .I did and I won .. They need to have permission signed or authorized to work on your property

17th of Apr, 2013

Your big cable/dish company will not do anything to help until you serve them papers .It never their fault they say . Find the Service Of Process for that company in the state that you live and take them to small claims court .Take lots of pictures, get many estimates for the repair bill including the repair of the roof, siding etc. Blackjack and silicone is unacceptable for any repair . They need your authorization to do any work to your home or rental property . Make sure your estimate are good and even explained, why they need to be fixed that way Don't go off of cable/dish company's estimate they will want patch your home back together with blackjack and silicone unacceptable remember .Don't waste your time calling, they are trained to pass the blame .Just serve the papers and you will get their attention real quick . I did and I won the court case .

17th of Apr, 2013

Don't waste your time by calling nothing will get done . serve them papers and you will have their attention ..