Direct TV / bogus contract and hd receiver deceiver

7 minutes ago by kristin 0 votes
I cancelled my direct tv today after having comcast install. I have written complaints and called and complained for two years about problems ordering pay-per-view. I have paid nearly 180.00 a month for over 4 years. When i called to cancell my service, the rep told me that the hd box i paid 120.00 for at best buy wasn't mine and i had to return it, i said no i paid forit. She said i had leased it, and that was stated on the bottom of my best buy receipt. Also there would be a 75.00 early termination fee on my contract, i said i had no contract, she replied it was automatically done when i purchased... Oops leased my hd box and that also was printed on the receipt. When i ordered service for the additional hd tv and another active television, no rep mentioned the contract, no best buy salesman mentioned a contract and my receipt, which i have is unlegiable at the bottom due to low ink in the printer at best buy. I have not verbally agreed to a contract, nor was i notified, or even asked if i wanted to renew a contract, which i would have said okay then. But to slide it in at a retail store on a receipt and try to charge a loyal customer a fee and did i mention take back the box i paid 120.00 for. Is criminal. I left direct because of two years of bad customer service, i feel you had ample time to correct the problem. Now you are basically trying to steal money from me? My neighbors on both sides of me called comcast today to cancel direct tv service and they also thought they had purchased not leased your hd tv box. I am calling the news tomorrow and getting other consumers names that have fallen for this deceptive business scam. I never signed a thing and i paid cash for my box, no signature there either. Let's see what class action lawsuit direct tv can tollerate, sadly if cable is a nightmare, i will go back to dish network whom i used for 11 years or go without before i will ever use a company that tries to decieve and bully money out of consumers. I would have gone back to direct tv possibly. Your loss> kristin eaker jacksonville, fl.Krise143@yahoo.com let the war begin, you will never get 75.00 out of me. And we are getting more names of others daily. P.S. They also threatened to charge the 75.00 cancellation fee and 500.00 to my credit card if i didn't return the hd receiver i paid 120.00 for and pay the fee. I told them that i would file criminal charges on a fraudulant charge to anyone who used my credit card without authorization, , which they do not have neither my permission to carge anything on my charge card nor my credit card info. Touche!

Kr

Comments

• Gr
      19th of Aug, 2009

I had two receivers go out within a two week period. Direct TV told me they would reimburse me for the one, and required I pay for the the second. I agreed, and was told that they would credit me $21.70 on my next statement. When my bill cam the following month, they would not honor the agreed reimbursement for $21.70 the first receiver as agreed. They refused to go back to their recorded file with reps comments confirming that I was suppose to be credited for teh $21.70.

I'm binded to their 2 year contract, and they know it.

Suggestion: make sure you write down the reps last name with their employee identification.

Dish TV offering super deals, and if you're near the end of your two contract, go for it!