Direct TV / fraudulent practices
I do not dispute that I did owe a past due balance, but because of financial issues, was unable to pay account on time. Just by chance I checked my bank balance and found that Direct TV had billed my account for $303 by using my debit card number which I had used in paying previous bill. However at no time did I authorize Direct TV to use my debit card at their discretion, and the debit was only used to pay a specific monthly Charge.
I had to go to my bank and file a formal affidavit which the bank then used to retrieve the charges, and deposited the money back into my account, the bank also refunded to my account $105 in overdraft charges caused by this money having been removed without my authorization.
In discussion with bank officials, I found that this is a common problem they have had with Direct TV, and I was not the only person who had experienced this. I suggest you do not EVER give Direct TV your debit or credit card number because once it is on file, they apparently will charge against your account even though you have not specifically given them authority to do so.
Just Beware and watch your statement, even better if you have online banking check your balances frequently, because the sooner you catch something like this, the faster you can move to correct it.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - New Insatalled, Tech not show up
- DirecTV - Unable to get channel 5, NBC
- Direct TV - cable
- DirecTV - service technician not showing up on the day of the scheduled appointment and no phone contact to explain the delay or why. 
- Direct TV - customer service dept