Direc TV / Cincinnati Bell / scam on bundling services

1 5781 longbowHamilton, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 513-293-7693

offered contract by cinci bell to switch serv from time warner cable to cincin bell and direct tv-contract prices and promises not kept/direct tv will not honor the contract at all and is charging me over 100 month just for the satellite tv alone-cinci bell has no recourse against them. The contract i signed was bogus. This is going to cost hundreds of dollars to get out of. when I complained direct tv shut off my service. I have no tv now and hundreds of dollars of bills and no way to stop this company-trying to switch back to time warner but just got message that cincinnati bell put a freeze on my phone number. Let's be clear-i am not late on my bill-they just shut my service off. Everyone lies to you and no returns phone calls. They said they can charge whatever they want. And guess what-unless i get an attorney-they can

Comments

• Up
      27th of Mar, 2008

I agree 2oo percent I had the same exact problem with Directv and Cincinnati bell. Cincinnati Bell told based on information posted on their web site that if i switched to their bundled service I would get all the movie channels with the exception of Cinemax for 12 months free, when I recieved my first bill and it only indicated 4months I called Cincinnati Bell with my concern and they basically blew me off and said it was ok, and would automatically change in the system. Well that never happened and when I contacted Directv who sends the bill every month told me this is not the information they have for my account and there was nothing they could do on their end and that I should get in contact with Cincinnati Bell and have them reimburse me. That never happened and now I keep getting the run around. Would not recommend anyone doing business through cincinnati bell for any services they have no control over.

• Ji
      16th of Mar, 2009

I agree I also got scammed they offered the bundle for 23.99 and then they charged me 72 dollars and change and they said that we should have gotten a coupon that gave me 50 % off the regular price but it had to be received within 60 days of activation to get the offer. I talked with CB and they said that it had no agreement with DTV and I should talk to DTV. I did and they said it was to late the 60 days had elapsed . Well I agree CB has no control over the costs but they sell you the bundle and I also found that the DSl was not yet in my area so I changed for nothing. I asked about their wireless card and their Account Exec. told me it was junk not to buy it because it had no range. They also screwed up my business phones and it took over a month to get the DSl working.

• Es
      16th of Mar, 2010

same problem here, its a lie the contract is for 24 months so were stuck wit it for now...SCREW DIRECT TV THEY SUCK

• Me
      27th of Mar, 2010

March 27, 2010

On the same page.

Be aware !!!

Cincinatibell = Bad Company + Bad service + No reply call to consumers

In the end, I am happy to switch Timewarner Bundle instead.

• Nu
      13th of Jun, 2010

Yes they do lie. Though my complaint is not with direct Tv. I was promised a rebate when I purchased 2 phones 200.00 dollars for each if I signed a 2 year contract. I filled out the paper work and mailed it in but I am still waiting. Also when I call about my wireless bill being to high the next month my phone bill is 25.00 higher. I too am so fed up with that company. I guess they think they are dealing with a bunch of idiots. Will I am tired of being taken advantage of by these large companies. I hear nothing but bad stuff about them anymore. So I emailed them a letter saying to drop my wireless service due to them not keeping up there end of agreement. They can put a freeze on my number I don`t care. They are not the only phone, internet and wirless company around. I will go else where.

Tired of being sick and tired of there business.