Direc TV And Skylink / horrible service, unorganized

1 Dayton, OH, United States Review updated:

Just spent 3 and a half hours on the phone with directv and skylink. No one showed for our scheduled appt to get new receivers and a dish. I was transferred to india and back, repeating my story several times. Got hung up on 4 times. (Put on hold twice, no-one ever came back. ). I will cancel my service. I have a friend who can help me get satellite under the table we will say. I will never pay for satellite or cable again. :)

Ka

Comments

11th of Feb, 2009

SAME HERE !!! SKYLINK IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNRELIABLE...YOU CAN'T GET A HOLD OF THEM, ALL YOU GET IS RECORDING TELLING YOU TO HOLD. I'VE LEFT TWO MESSAGES TELLING THEM TO CALL ME BACK. OF COURSE THEY STILL HAVEN'T CALLED ME...I've had three appointments now, and still no DIRECTTV... 1st APPOINTMENT... They were 2 1/2 hours late. My appointment was 12:00 to 4:00, they didn't show up until 7:39 pm. I had somthing else I had to do, didn't have time to wait for the install since it was so late. So I rescheduled. 2nd APPOINTMENT... They never called or showed up. I Kept calling DirectTV asking where the installers were at? They said they would have Skyink Call. Never did and instalLers were NO SHOW. SO I HAD TO RESCHEDUE AGAIN FOR A 3RD TIME. 3rd APPOINTMENT...Installers Showed up, it's been raining and muddy outside. The installer said he couldn't take his shoes off and didn't have anything to put on his feet. I have a Brand New House and Brand New Carpet thru-out the house. So since he couldn't take his shoes off which were very muddy, and I coudn't let him walk all thru the house with MUDDY Shoes. They left. THAT'S NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. THEY SHOULD OF HAD SOMTHING TO PUT ON THEIR MUDDY FEET. YOU KNOW...BEEN PREPERED FOR THE SITUATION.? So Now I have a Appointment for Monday between 12:00 and 4:00 Will they show???? DOUBT IT...The only thing DirectTv has done for me is give me a $100 dollar discount and $5.00 off for 6 months. I'VE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER OF DIRECTTV FOR OVER 7 YEARS. Since I moved, it's been a Nightmare trying to get the Satellite and service back going. WISH ME LUCK GETTING DIRECTV.