DHL / overcharged
I opened a DHL account this year. A sales rep called to welcome me aboard. I shipped many items with them with no problems. I shipped a car seat in April 2008. I have shipped two or three before that. The DHL calculator showed about $64.00, with is about average for a box of 48 lbs. So I sent the invoice to the buyer (ebay sale) and then made a pick-up appointment, all online. I printed the label on my printer and the receipt shows a rate of $59.25. I shipped this May 1st or 2nd.
Then on April 11 I received the bill from DHL for $238.50! I called and the sales lady told me that the package was re-weighed at 239 lbs! They told me that my label receipt ws not proof. SO I filed a claim and it ws ignored. I have called them to no avail. I asked a second or third rep why they didn't notify me of the changed shipping price before shipping and the answer was' We don't have the time to call every customer'. Oh yeah? Well you sure have the time to steal from me !!
I am filing another claim with my bank because this company refuses to acknowledge that they are being dishonest. And I am unable to close the account! There should be a law against what this company can do. I want my account closed with DHL and I never will do business with them again!
More DHL Complaints & Reviews
- DHL Canada - delivery 
- DHL - customs charge scam 
- DHL - a blouse which has been stuck in customs fr more than a month... 
- DHL PAKET - dhl germany two times could not deliver the same parcel to australia 
- DHL - staff mistakes, system related failures & bad customer service 
- DHL Express - delaying of a shipment
- [Resolved] DHL Express - lack of interest
- DHL Express - customs and duty charges
- DHL Express - wrong delivery
- DHL Express - undelivered shipment