DHL / stolen item from dhl calgary
My parcel shipped to me via DHL from Florence, Ital on May 8, 2008, arrived in the DHL office in Calgary, May 24th, 2008. I was contacted by phone and then by email to complete forms, describe the contents of the parcel and my visa was charged duty on imported goods. I was told that my description matched the description of the items in the hands of the DHL representative and that it should arrive at my door in Saskatchewan with a few days. That was May 24th 2008. It is October, 2008 and my parcel has been classified as lost and my file and claim have been closed. I have been told to file a claim with my insurance or contact the store I purchased the item from in Florence, Italy. The Italian store has filed a claim as the initiator of the shipping with DHL as a courtesy to me however I have all kinds of documentation and emails from DHL evidencing that my shipment was in their hands in Calgary. What I suspect is that someone affiliated with DHL has taken my items for themselves. Yes, I am accusing them of theft. I will continue my pursuit of customer service and will never use DHL again. I will tell everyone I know or meet.
How can a company get away with this. My hope is that DHL would stop dropping the ball on their customers and start internally investigating their employees or installing survellence tapes. Much could be said and done in this regard.
More DHL Complaints & Reviews
- DHL Canada - delivery 
- DHL - customs charge scam 
- DHL - a blouse which has been stuck in customs fr more than a month... 
- DHL PAKET - dhl germany two times could not deliver the same parcel to australia 
- DHL - staff mistakes, system related failures & bad customer service 
- DHL Express - lost a notebook
- DHL Express - express service is neither express nor service
- DHL Express - business damage
- DHL Express - road rage from dhl driver - xql 097 vic / melbourne / australia
- DHL Express - shipment yet not received