Dell Financial Services / fraud and cheating!

1 Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I got a computer through Dell financial services. I lived out of town at the time so used my friends name and address. Dell had my SIN number, my bank info, and my email address. I find out 2 months later that somehow Dell said that its not under my credit but my friends

After dealing with that situation I got an email from Dell saying its under me and that its not a problem. Few months later Dell phones my friend cause I missed a payment. They told him its under his credit and to go to the police and file a fraud report because I used his SIN number and agreed to put it under his credit because I was declined. Even tho After I got the computer, I bought a car, got a $1000 credit card and a $3000 loan from my bank because of my "Amazing credit for someone my age"

Long story short Dell said they fixed the problem but didn't, refuse to do anything about and also am thinking of getting a lawyer. Apparently my friends credit is screwed because of this and he can;t get anything on credit because of the balance on the computer. If Dell would have said they didn't fix the problem, I could of found a way to pay this off ASAP. And not have him go to the cops to file a fraud report so his credit can go back to normal. Frustrating.

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008

I have had a business lease with dell financial since 2005 and last year I signed up for 4 additional computers, this has been nothing short of a nightmare. They have progressively gotten to the point that I need to make additional time daily just to speak to someone. They call my front desk so often to remind me that the payment will become due within several days and to avoid any late charges would I like to make the payment today .Now occasionally a courtesy call would be acceptable but this happens each and every month before the due date and they do not call once but they call 3 or 4 times a day till they speak to me. I am trying to run a business here and you will get your payment the same as every month and it would be a god send to have someone speak english or at least to were I could understand them.Now one of my computers lease can be bought out for a mere $587.00 for a 2005 model geez that sounds like a deal, so I opted to return this computer this was on nov.18 they now told me that I would have to make the december payment(its not december) or have itback to them by nov 26 I stated that was not a problem I would overnight it, they stated that they would fax me the necessary paper work. so I waited and called and called and finally on the 26th I got the papers and overnighted the pkg got tracking numbers and followed instructions to the T only to be told I should not have sent it us postal. This is a nightmare company and if I can get out of my lease without having to mortgage my business I will in a minute stay away unless you have unlimited time to chit chat with someone and due to the fact that they remind you that they record your call I suggest you do the same not just with them but everyone this may eliminate some problems because they didnt like it when I recorded them.

• De
      14th of Dec, 2008

I fear anyone who has delt with dell in any way has fallen pray to a world wide bunch of crooks, especially their Financial service. They harass me daily with up to 6 Plus calls. I have complained to Dell Customer Support, nothing happened, .It's evident that the entire DELL COMPANY is involved in their customer deceit and outright theft of costumer money. we musta get involved in a way to get a cusumer complaint suit against dell and it's execuives...