CVS Pharmacy / price gouging

3800 YOUREE DRIVE, SHREVEPORT LA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 318-869-3453

I just posted this on their facebook page but doubt they will let the public see it. ""your people in shreveport are either crooks, idiots or lying, don't know which, but they have cheated my brother on these meds for two years! I have filed complaint with the lousiana board of pharmacy. "my brother has been using cvs on youree drive in shreveport for about two years, every month getting his script for losartan filled and paying $79. 02 each time. In december, for no particular reason he took his script to drug emporium, gave them all the same insurance information and they filled his script for $8. 43. Same script, same meds, same insurance. I called cvs and asked them about it. They said they "didn't have" his insurance on file. (I can assure you my brother did give him all his insurance info - they either didn't enter it, or entered it incorrectly) . So if you use this pharmacy, you might want to check around and see if you can get your meds cheaper somewhere else. It's hard for me to believe that a reputable company with any kind of mediocre staff would not be at least curious as to why an 85 year old man wasn't using insurance. Even the worst customer service would require them to at least ask about his insurance when month after month he got the same drugs there at this high price. But the people there were very rude when asked these questions. Just saying, you really have to look out for yourself these days. "

Ve
Jan 26, 2015

Comments

• Ru
      26th of Jan, 2015

Childish name calling how immature

• 99
      4th of Dec, 2015

I have been filling my prescription at the CVS pharmacy in Rockville Centre, NY for several years. The price for a 30 day supply of 225 mg generic Effexor, (Venlafaxine) $ 250.00 has remained exactly the same during this period (4 years). The the manufacturer listed on the bottle is OSMOTICA. When I called to refill my prescription this month the pharmacist informed me that CVS no longer carried OSMOTICA (he told me OSMOTICA stopped making this medication) and as a result, they were dispensing the generic Effexor by a new manufacturer (UCB) and that the price for a 30 day supply of 225 mg Venlafaxine would cost now cost me $372.11. Excuse me? With no alternative at the moment I filled only 15 tablets. I got home and realized that the new pill is identical to the old - Same exact markings. I go online and learn that: July 1, 2015 WILMINGTON, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--October Osmotica Pharmaceutical Corp. is announcing that Venlafaxine Extended-Release Tablets, 37.5 mg, 75 mg, 150 mg, and 225 mg, which was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in May, is now commercially available through its marketing partner, Upstate Pharma, LLC, a subsidiary of UCB, Inc. Why did the pharmacist lie to me? I don't know, but I intend to get to the bottom of this outrageously blatant example of price gouging by CVS!